Thursday, January 16, 2014

Is there a way to detect if someone is using a wifi jammer?

best baby monitor for geeks
 on Best Baby Monitors for Geeky Parents | GeeksRaisingGeeks.com
best baby monitor for geeks image



Reprobate


My internet has been out for three weeks. There have been brief periods when it's working 100% on all devices. I've changed routers three times - same problem with each one. Cable provider has been out - they say all good on their end. I had the Geek Squad out too, but they arrived during one of those brief periods when everything was working.

Could someone be jamming my wifi? I just Googled wifi jammers and apparently they exist because I came across a web page that sells them.

Is there a way to detect if someone's using one in my area?



Answer
You can download an application called a WiFi Sniffer. This will show you all the wireless networks available in your area, and include more detailed information than your OS will tell you. I've used NetStumbler and Xirrus WiFi Inspector. They should tell you what network you are connected to and what channel your router is on. Next look to see if there are any other networks in the area on the same channel. If so, you could be experiencing co-channel interference. This happens when wireless devices (such as router and access points) are in the same area and operate on the same channel. Change your channel to lesser used channel (1,6, or 11) with a weaker signal. If your devices support 5 GHz, you might also try that.

Also, there are other devices that operate in same frequency band as most WiFi devices. These include microwave ovens, cordless phone, and baby monitors. The Sniffers only work with WiFi devices, it won't tell you about nonWiFi interference sources. There is hardware and software that will do that, but it has a high price tag.

I doubt someone has a WiFi jammer. If they did, its possibly illegal (subject to local laws). In the US, the 2.4 GHz range is unlicensed, and while a device operating on that frequency IS required to accept any signal, you may NOT operate a device with intention of causing interference. If I had to bet, its interference from nearby sources, check the WiFi scanners I suggested.

Where can I get a graphics tablet?




English Na


I need, well want, a graphics tablet, around A4 in size, and above all it needs to be cheap.
Does anyone know where I could get one in the UK?



Answer
I know where you can get a Really Decent one, for a nominal price. They should ship to the UK.
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=WP4030&cat=MOU

You may think, "It's too cheap to be any good. It must be a toy."

Nope!
1.512 levels of pressure sensitivity for the pen.
2.Tablet 'Hotspots', offer shortcuts to programs and menu commands.
3.Pen scroll function to browse documents and web pages

Pen is cordless. Contains a battery. One AAA battery. All kinds of software comes with it. (Pen Commander, Annotate for Word, PenSigner, Annotate All, PenMail, XP handwriting recognition support in Microsoft Word and Outlook, Adobe Photoshop CS (Trial), Corel Painter IX (Trial) [Probably newer versions of Adobe and Corel, now]

(Just reading off of the box, of mine)

I have had only ONE problem with it so far.

IT"S TOO INTRICATE!!
I'm so spoiled, (Or used to), with just using my mouse cursor for my Photoshop, that this digital tablet just draws TOO fine!
I can draw hairs on the human body, and make them look real!

I mean you can get down to ONE pixel!
This is for digital image editing. If you're going to draw freehand, this baby will do that easily. There's so many features, it's going to take me a while to use them with ease!

I wanted to check out a digital graphics tablet, for my Photoshop. I thought, hey, this isn't too expensive to see if I want a better one.

It works as good as the expensive ones!

All you need is a 3 inch by 4 inch space on the tablet. Your monitor is your drawing board.

Just my 2cent's.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there a way to detect if someone is using a wifi jammer?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment