Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How do deaf parents know their babies are crying in the middle of the night?

Q.

A. As the other poster said, they have device that tells them that they have a phone call, someone is at the door, or there's a fire. Usually lights flash.

A Google search of: deaf parents baby monitor

reveals that they also have vibrating pagers they wear to bed.


How to deaf people take care of a baby?
Q. I have always wondered that. They cant hear the baby cry, or hear its first words... What is it like to be deaf and have a baby????
I'm not asking to be rude!!!

A. As someone stated there are monitors that flash when a baby cries. It flashes when there are any type of loud noise, so if it's a toddler in their room alone and they break something or knock something over, the parents are alerted by a bright strobe flashing.

As to hearing a baby's first words, they don't care. They see their child's first signs. And that happens A LOT sooner than the first words.

For the rest of parenting, it's just like anyone else...a lot of trial and error. They don't need any additional assistance because of their hearing loss.


I am deaf and a parent, How do I know that my baby is crying?
Q.

A. I'm sure there is some adaptive technology to help you with this. Or, you could contact an Independent Living Center to help you come up with ideas so you can know when your baby is crying. Are you married? If so, is your husband also deaf? I know baby monitors have lights that flash when the baby makes noise, and some of them also vibrate.

And, I agree with the other posts, this probably isn't a real question. And if you are deaf, and you are asking this question after you've already had your baby, then you should have started thinking about this earlier.


Baby monitors for HOH parents?
Q. I have profound hearing loss in my right ear, and some loss in my left. Although it doesn't affect my daily life TOO much (sometimes I have to remind my husband not to talk to me from the other room,), I'm a bit worried about it interfering with my ability to hear the baby when she comes.

I've read that Graco makes a vibrating monitor, which would work great, but a majority of the reviews said it stopped working suddenly. Does anybody have any recommendations?

A. We had same problem with Graco, ours stopped vibrating but light still flashes.
We switched to baby cry signaler, really useful!
Go to Harris Communication which sells equipments for Deaf and Hard of Hearing people.
http://www.harriscomm.com/index.php/equipment/signaling-systems/baby-cry.html





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do deaf parents know their babies are crying in the middle of the night?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment