Sunday, December 30, 2012

How do you stop a baby monitor from making a buzzing sound?

Q. I have an 'Angel Care' monitor and often it seems to buzz loudly when I have electrical appliances plugged in or lights on - it seems to be effected by the electrical current of my house.
I turn all the lights off at night and leave nothing plugged in, but sometimes it still buzzes and is very annoying when I am trying to get to sleep.

A. Try moving it to a different location in your room, sometimes moving it a few inches one way or the other helps too.

Or you can return it and get a different one. It's electrical interference for sure.


Why is my 49MHz wireless helicopter operating erratically?
Q. Works in the store at the mall with all the nearby stores, but not anywhere near my house or my neighborhood. I turned off the baby monitor, but not sure what else could be interfering.

A. Dear sir you have an interference problem! you need to find the way to change the channel! or change the entire radio in that way you don't have to worry about other people using the same channel that you are working on! I advice that you go to your nearest hobby shop and talk to them about it!
God bless and good luck.


Why would a non-wireless router emit so much radiation?
Q. I have a TP-Link router and it's not a wireless one, yet it seems to emit quite a strong magnetic field of almost two metres, as it causes interference with my baby monitor. Should I be concerned about this? Or is it normal for a router to emit so much radiation? The thing is that the router is under my desk right where I sit to work!

A. Any piece of modern digital electronics emits electro-magnetic interference. The very high speed circuits invoved (several MHz clock frequency) conduct through copper traces on the circuit board in the thing. The copper traces act like antenna and thus emit the "noise" you hear on your baby monitor.

Even the power supply for your router could be the culprit. To achieve small size and high efficiency, the power supply "brick" will often contain high speed electronics which could also be the source of the emission.

Finally, the typical baby monitor is a pretty low quality electronic device. It lacks selectivity and is likely picking up noise from frequencies that are not important to it. A different brand monitor might not suffer this problem.

Also, better quality routers would enclose their circuit boards in a metal housing. Such enclosure would contain the EMI in a so called Faraday cage. I suppose you could put your router in a metal box and accomplish the same thing now.

Astrobuf


What kind of baby monitor do you have?
Q. Do you like your monitor?
What special features does your monitor have that you find useful?
Are there any bad things about your monitor?
Would you recommend it to a friend?
How many stars out of 5 would you give your monitor?

I'm looking to buy a monitor and would like all the info that I can get to make an informed decision since there are so many different ones out there. Thanks.

A. I think mine is a Safety 1st one from Walmart. I received it as a gift from someone before I had my baby and shower. It's nothing special - not the cheapest basic one but not the most expensive either. It's got 2 receivers, and like someone else said it picks up the noise really well. My daughter is 3 1/2, and I still use it when she's in bed and I'm at the other end of the house still up. I have had times where it's had interference, being able to hear other people in other places, but not often enough to be annoying or to stop me from being able to use it. I love it, and would definitely recommend it, I give it a 4 out of 5.

EDIT - this is almost exactly the same one I have, except mine has the light-up nightlight base and 2 receivers. Just to give you an idea...
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2815255





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do you stop a baby monitor from making a buzzing sound?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment