Monday, May 19, 2014

baby monitor?




dirty4dirt


Any suggestions for a decent one for under 100? The reviews I've read in the $50 range haven't been great but any suggestions would be helpful.
I was looking at just a traditional monitor. I would like to spend under $50. Its hard to go by alot of reviews online because most people live in subdivisions with alot of activity.. I dont. I live in the boonies hah.. so maybe interference wouldnt be as bad..



Answer
I have the Graco Ultra Clear II Monitor with Nightlight. It was about $29 and I've been using it for 10 months with minimal problems. It gets really good reviews considering it's priced so low. Once or twice I have gotten a little static sound from it but it went away quickly and only came from the part I keep downstairs (basically the part that is upstairs with the sleeping baby has never had that problem). I do a lot of product research before I buy and it seems when it comes to non-video monitors even the pricey ones have problems.

Need review for the baby items...?




truecolor


Hi all...I am in my third trimester. I am going to register baby items at Babies r us this weekend. This is my first baby and I am not sure which items and brands should I pick is safe and comfortble for my baby and pricewise reasonable too. Please give me the review about the baby items and items I do need must. Thank you all.
Thank you all ....for sparing your precious time and giving me lots of information in detail. I am new in this country and first time mom. So, not much idea how to choose the right baby items. But your patience and support helped me alot to select the right things for my baby too instead of wasting money. I am going to print out all those information and check out those items in the store. Once again thank you.



Answer
I highly suggest taking a (relatively) new mom with you to register. My sister (who had a 2 year old at the time) went with me to register and she was a HUGE Help.

Here are a few suggestions.

There has been a lot of press recently about car seats so I'm sure you can google which ones are safest. The one that sticks in my head (b/c it's the one we have) is Graco Snug and ride. I would recomend getting a Snap and Go base so that you can turn the carseat into a stoller.

The crib is totally a matter of taste. We chose the Da Vinci Roxanne because I liked that it could transition into a toddler bed and I liked that it had a drawer under it.

If you get a changing table, make sure it has safety straps (so that baby can't roll off it). We choose the Da Vinci Roxanne changing table dresser combo.

Actually.... I still have my list that has prices and brands that I wanted. I can paste it here -- sorry.... it's going to be long.

Furniture
â Crib â (Da Vinci Roxanne with drawer and conversion kit) $260
â Mattress for Crib â
â Fitted sheets for crib (jersey knit) â 2-3 $10 each
â Ultimate Crib Sheet 2-3 (an all-in-one waterproof mattress protector/cover/sheet) $18 each
â Waterproof mattress pad/lap pad â 2-3 $10-20 each
â Dresser/ Changing table combo (Da Vinci Roxanne 3 drawer Baby Changer with safety strap) $240
â Changing pad & pad covers â 3 covers $10-15 each cover/$23 for pad
â Glider chair (Storkcraft sleigh glider â Cherry wood/beige cushion) $199
â Ottoman for glider (storkcraft) $70
â Hanging bookshelf (idea to hand shelf 12â to 18â below the ceiling around room to add lots of display and storage space)

Room Accessories
â Crib mobile (electric â the wind up ones stop to fast) Be careful what you pick out b/c all mobiles will not work with Da Vinci crib $40-$50
â Video Monitor (Summer infant Products: Day and Night Video handheld monitor) $170
â Baskets (for odds and ends â blankets, cloths, dirty laundry) $20+

Traveling With Baby
â Infant car seat with detachable base (MoTH recommends Graco Infant Snug-ride) $100 for seat $40 for x-tra base
â Stroller (Car seat stroller frame) with zip up blanket(???) MoTH recommends Snap and Go frame for stroller $60
â MoTH also recommends Bugaboo Frog â too expensive
â Baby jogger (MoTH recommends City Series â yikes expensive)
â Front carrier (bjorn - wrap is more comfy)
â Baby back pack (for when baby is older & no longer in bjorn Justine offered hers)
â Pack N Play $100


Playing With Baby
â Activity gym $40
â Bouncy Seat/exercauser (Baby Bjorn Baby Sitter) $100

Clothes
â Onesies â 3 packs $10 per 5-pack
â Long sleeved onesies
â Pjs with feet (zipper is easiest)
â Halo Newborn Sleepsack with swaddling feature $20 OR Swaddleme Fleece Wrap $10
â Sleepsack â 2 $20
â Socks â 6 pairs
â Terry cloth bibs â 3
â Caps for head â 4

Baby Hygiene
â Baby washcloths â 6 >$5
â Baby Bath Pad/chair thing â to put in tub â the baby tubs take up too much space $15
â Baby towels $15
â Baby Manicure set >$5
â Alcohol swabs >$5
â Q-tips >$5
â Cotton balls >$5
â Desitin >$10 ?
â Organizer for changing table $15 + - (Maybe either get a basket or hanging Koala organizer â maybe get both)
â Cloth diapers (for clean-up rags/changing table) â 4 $12 for pack of 12
â Diaper bag/baby sherpa backpack $25+ Look at the Koala Black Messenger back with pink accent/ Eddie Bauer and plain black messenger
â Diapers â donât get too many til know what he likes â we used pampers swadlers
â Vaseline & gauze pads
â Wet wipes
â Baby Tylenol
â Thermometer (rectal) >$10

Nursing and Feeding
â Nursing bras (no underwire) â 4
üBoppy
ü Breast pump (Medela Pump N Style)
â Receiving blankets â 2 $10-15 for a 4-pack
â Nursing pads (100% cotton â machine washable are better than disposable)
â 6 bottles (don't bother with bottle warmer)
â Silicone nipples, infant size â 2
â Pacifiers
â Bottle brush to clean
â Formula (Enfamil; Similac with Iron) -- nice to have on hand even if you plan on breastfeeding
â High chair â get the booster seat with tray that you attach to chair â takes us less space. Also suggested by MoTHs â and all plastic or wood/ NO cloth. $15-$25




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: baby monitor?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment