Monday, May 27, 2013

I cant believe it, they MISSED something on my ultrasound! shallow amniotic fluid? can someone help?

Q. Ok, il give the scenario quickly. 37 weeks, fundal height (tummy measurement) is only at 34weeks and baby is measuring at 34-35 weeks on ultrasound and her measurements are well below average and only just above the 5% emergency line, her weight has been guessed around 4lb 2oz. if you want the full picture go to my questions and read the one where it says "feel like they arent doing enough to find out whats wrong with my baby". please dont question my due dates or shyt like that as its all explained in the question i said.

Went to hospital today to get monitored and for a better scan to check the amniotic fluid levels and to make sure blood is getting to the baby. They SAID everything was fine and to come back in 2 weeks for another scan and if she hasnt grown then they will induce me then.

However, just got a call from my midwife (its 9.15pm) saying that they (hospital) were reviewing my notes and pictures from ultrasound and noticed that my pools of fluid were too low for 37 weeks?

Now what does that mean? I took a couple of guesses. Does it mean that im further on than they think? Because going by my period my due date would be the 9th november (making me 39 weeks on monday) but at my 6 week scan they put me back to the 18th november (making me 37 weeks 2 days today). Or does it mean that i could be leaking amniotic fluid and not noticing?

Honestly i wish they would just get her out of me so i can stop worrying. Im so fcuked off, honestly!

A. Low amniotic fluid can be caused by a few things. Problems with the placenta, leaking or ruptures with the membrane, post date pregnancy (which you don't have since you're early, not over due), dehydration, hypertension, preeclampsia, diabetes and can also be caused by a birth defect with the baby if the kidneys are not developed properly since the amniotic fluid is made up of her urine at this point.

At this point, your best option would be to have your baby delivered unless they give you options on how to raise the level of fluids.

If I were you, I'd go through with your delivery and if you were planning on having more children, switch to an OB (I didn't notice if you were in the UK/Australia or not) or switch midwife since your midwife has left you hanging with a diagnosis that to us can sound like the end of the world without a resolution or explanation as to what's going on.

Please call your midwife and have her explain all of it to you until you are fully satisfied with her explanation and then ask her what the next course of action is until you are satisfied with her answer.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I cant believe it, they MISSED something on my ultrasound! shallow amniotic fluid? can someone help?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment