Friday, June 28, 2013

First time mom here, just registered for my shower yesterday & wondering what products are the best?

best baby monitor uk reviews
 on ... Baby Monitor by Tommee Tippee Review | Best Baby Monitor Reviews UK
best baby monitor uk reviews image
Q. Im almost 19 weeks pregnant & had a gender ultrasound yesterday & found out that Im expecting a GIRL! So, we registered right after my appointment at Target & since Im a first time mom we werent sure on a few things to put on the registry. Im wondering if any moms can give me advice & recommendations on the following items that worked best for you & are useful.

The following are things we didnt add to the registry, but are planning to today after getting some reviews on the best ones at Target.

1) Bottles, I have no clue what types are good for newborns. Im not going to breastfeed because Im taking blood pressure meds & dont want to pass to baby, so just bottle feeding

2) Bottle sterilization - which is better, steam or microwave? And which brands?

3) Monitors - This is a very hard one for me. Is video really better? Digital? Analog? Im so clueless on this one

4) Bassinette - We plan on having baby in one in our room the first couple of months. Should I go with something neutral as we are planning to have another child in the future & dont want to have to get another if we get a girly one now & then end up having a boy later. Any certain types better than others?

5) Humidifier - There are cute animals ones at Target (I like the frog) is that a good one, or a Vicks?

6) Sling - Do babies really like these? They look uncomfortable the ones that curve across the body, like babys neck is being strained. And which brand, kind?


**** Thanks ladies, Im a first time mom & just want to get the right stuff not to waste other peoples money & have things that are useful. Baby stuff is so expensive!! Any other tips, advice on anything I forgot is helpful! ****


Answer
1) VERY Hard to choose before the baby is born. Skip adding this and just purchase 2-4 bottles yourself of your choosing, Dr Browns is a good choice but expensive or Avent or similar or also good. Once you know she will definately drink out of them then go out and buy more. If she doesn't like them you'll have wasted a lot of money having to replace them for other ones. Just keep some money aside under your mattress for when the time comes!

2)Microwave!!!! Soooo much quicker and easier. Takes like 4 mins for 4 bottles! Steam is overrated and waaay to expensive compared to the microwave one.
If you own a dishwasher, wash the bottles in hot soapy water, rinse in hot water (what you have to do before using any steriliser anyway), and throw them in the washer instead.

3) I chose just a regular one without all the bells and whistles. I only need to hear my baby and that is it. All those extra bits and pieces is just a marketing ploy. Just use a regular one with good sound clarity. Mine is a basic fisher price sound and lights monitor and it works just perfectly. Its not like I can see my baby when I'm sleeping anyway and thats really when you need it. It does have a little night light on it which I do recommend though. This is it and is great.
http://www.viewpoints.com/images/review/2009/126/4/1241601168-90347_full.jpg

4) Def get a neutral one. Dont get a pink or blue. I do like the idea of the arms reach co sleeper that the other person said but only if its on wheels and the side that juts up to the parents bed can actually be closed off so you can utilise it in other areas of the house. if you don't know what they are heres a link
http://www.totscorner.co.uk/images/Universal_CoSleeper.jpg
otherwise a normal, neutral coloured one is great. Nothing too fancy with music, vibrating, rocking or anything like that. Its a complete waste of the extra money and those functions will not get used especially as its only for the first couple of months when a newborn could care less about it lol

5) Def get the vicks one. It will last, the novelty ones will not

6) I tried slings and carriers. Gave me such a sore back and were uncomfortable and I felt less than agile and more cumbersome than when I was pregnant, if thats even possible! but others swear by them, its personal preference. I'd rather put my baby in his or her pram/stroller to be honest. It was okay when they were less than 12 weeks old but after that it just made me way too sore.
Apparently the contoured slings are fine for them because when you think about it they are all scrunched up in the womb so being in those slings is apprently no different. I wouldn't use one personally

Hope that helps! Good Luck!!

I cant believe it, they MISSED something on my ultrasound! shallow amniotic fluid? can someone help?




Bogan Mum


Ok, il give the scenario quickly. 37 weeks, fundal height (tummy measurement) is only at 34weeks and baby is measuring at 34-35 weeks on ultrasound and her measurements are well below average and only just above the 5% emergency line, her weight has been guessed around 4lb 2oz. if you want the full picture go to my questions and read the one where it says "feel like they arent doing enough to find out whats wrong with my baby". please dont question my due dates or shyt like that as its all explained in the question i said.

Went to hospital today to get monitored and for a better scan to check the amniotic fluid levels and to make sure blood is getting to the baby. They SAID everything was fine and to come back in 2 weeks for another scan and if she hasnt grown then they will induce me then.

However, just got a call from my midwife (its 9.15pm) saying that they (hospital) were reviewing my notes and pictures from ultrasound and noticed that my pools of fluid were too low for 37 weeks?

Now what does that mean? I took a couple of guesses. Does it mean that im further on than they think? Because going by my period my due date would be the 9th november (making me 39 weeks on monday) but at my 6 week scan they put me back to the 18th november (making me 37 weeks 2 days today). Or does it mean that i could be leaking amniotic fluid and not noticing?

Honestly i wish they would just get her out of me so i can stop worrying. Im so fcuked off, honestly!



Answer
Low amniotic fluid can be caused by a few things. Problems with the placenta, leaking or ruptures with the membrane, post date pregnancy (which you don't have since you're early, not over due), dehydration, hypertension, preeclampsia, diabetes and can also be caused by a birth defect with the baby if the kidneys are not developed properly since the amniotic fluid is made up of her urine at this point.

At this point, your best option would be to have your baby delivered unless they give you options on how to raise the level of fluids.

If I were you, I'd go through with your delivery and if you were planning on having more children, switch to an OB (I didn't notice if you were in the UK/Australia or not) or switch midwife since your midwife has left you hanging with a diagnosis that to us can sound like the end of the world without a resolution or explanation as to what's going on.

Please call your midwife and have her explain all of it to you until you are fully satisfied with her explanation and then ask her what the next course of action is until you are satisfied with her answer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: First time mom here, just registered for my shower yesterday & wondering what products are the best?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment