Saturday, June 29, 2013

Moms: What are some baby items you can not live without?

best baby monitor night vision
 on Top / Cameras / Camera / Baby Monitor (Night Vision, AV OUT, Flower ...
best baby monitor night vision image



�v


From newborn to a year old?
Well I obviously know about diapers.
I have 4 boxes of them. I want to know what my baby will need.



Answer
I love my baby monitor, It's night vision, an I can watch him and hear him, and it's portable. So I can always keep an eye on him.
His crib bumpers, he's 3 months old an rolled on tummy an scoots across the crib till he rams his head in it, the bumpers really help his little head lol.
The light up singing sea horse. After a few minutes the light and music fades.
The blankets from the hospital are the best spit up rags ever!
Small plastic crates keeps his toys, diapers, meds organized. Plus I have 1 I throw dirty diapers in an I clear that out daily.
And his exasaucer, being only 3 mo. he can stand, but no balance good.. But in the exasaucer he can dangle his feet, stand if he wants to with it's help, and turn in circles to see the other toys.
His bath seat, it has the right incline on it, so he won't slip out, an a net back/bottom so soap an water don't get stuck be hind him.
His massage chair/bouncy seat, not for him, for me. It feels great when your ankles are swollen, just turn the vibrator on, place your feet in the seat an set back with baby an a bottle.

What was your homebirth experience like?




greenisgoo


Just out of curiosity; I'm not pregnant.

Thank you in advance... and please give details.
=)
FutureFarmersWife what an excellent answer! So thorough. And I admire your bravery in choosing a home birth for your first birth. Wow!



Answer
My home birth was, in a word, incredible. It was exactly what birth should be. No interventions. No impatience on the part of the midwives. Nobody telling me what I could or couldn't, should or shouldn't do. No being stuck with an IV. No monitoring, other than periodically checking for the baby's heartbeat with the doppler and being examined for dilation.
My labor lasted approximately 26 hours, about 18 hours of that real, hard labor.
I went gradually into labor the evening of December 27th. My midwife's assistant came over about 11:30 p.m. to check me and get an idea if this was the real thing or not. My contractions were closing in on 60-90 seconds long and 5 minutes apart. After she came and was there a little while, the contractions began to piddle out. Well, I was NOT going to let this labor stop! I was ready to have my baby and wanted to get the show on the road. So my husband rubbed the pressure points above my ankles and that got things moving again. The contractions continued to get more aggressive throughout the night, but I slept in between most of them. Didn't get much sleep though. Finally morning came. I moved around a lot, rocking in my rocking chair, "baby dancing" (no, not the TTC kind of baby dancing! Obviously, we'd already done that!), squatting, rocking on hands and knees, etc. Sometime that morning, my midwife had me eat a granola bar (when/if I felt like it) to keep my blood sugar up. About 10 a.m., she checked me and said I was dilated to 6 cm. I had been almost to 3 cm. the night before, so it was kind of discouraging to know that I had only gotten 3 more cm. in the last 10 hours. Oh well, as the midwife said, the last bit usually goes a lot faster than the first. I guess, considering it took me several weeks to get to 2 cm. and 12 hours more to get to 6 cm., the last 4 cm. DID go a lot faster. But it sure didn't seem like it. It took me 9 more hours to dilate completely. About 2 p.m., I was checked again and was told I was at 7 cm. After this, I really lost track of time. It was hard, hard labor by then. On paper my transition lasted 6 hours and 10 minutes. I spent a good part of that time in the tub. The hot water helped me relax and eased the pain. It was at this point where the only thing that kept me from freaking out, tensing, fighting, and screaming was focusing on my breathing, looking into my husband's eyes as he breathed right along with me. Several times, the pain was so intense, that my vision started to get hazy and it seriously felt like I would pass out. Thankfully that would only happen for a few seconds at a time and only for 5 or 6 contractions. The second to last time I was checked, I got out of the tub and stayed out, choosing to labor on the toilet instead. This is where my real mental transition began. I totally felt that this was never gonna end. That I couldn't make it to the end. The only thing that helped other than breathing was concentrating on one contraction at a time, instead of looking at all the contractions to come. It was towards the end of this stage that, had I been in the hospital, I probably would have crumbled and got the epidural. Thank goodness, even in the hospital I would have been too far dilated to get it. My midwives assured me that every woman went through this stage and that I was very close to pushing stage. I didn't believe them. I figured, since it had taken me this long to get this far (I think I was at 9 cm. at the time), it would take me several hours yet. So I danced, leaning against a doorway, moaning, praying. Mind you, I wasn't fighting the pain, just dealing with it. Finally, Pam (the midwife) said it would probably be a good idea to check me again. So I laid on the bed and she told me I was pretty much complete with a small lip. She told me I could give little grunts to see if that would move that lip aside. The grunts felt good and before I knew it, I had my first, full-blown pushing contraction. OH. MY. GOODNESS! One of the best feelings in the world! And with that one push, my baby's head was RIGHT there. There was so much pressure that I pushed without even waiting for the next contraction. In the back of my mind, I knew that pushing that way was a good way to get a tear, but I didn't care. I just wanted my baby OUT! I remember hearing the two midwives talking between themselves that we would probably have this baby around 9 p.m., about 2 hours away. A 2 hour pushing stage is very average for a first-time mom. Well, I did it in 8 minutes. I proved the midwives' adage that "a slow starter is a fast finisher." WithOUT tearing! I think I pushed 5 times before my son was born, never even stopping for the head. I fully expected Pam to tell me stop sometime during that lovely burning feeling, but she never did. So I kept pushing. I ended up with something similar to a brush burn. Definitely not the tear I was dreading.
As soon as my baby was out (like, literally, with seconds), before the midwife even had the chance to




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Moms: What are some baby items you can not live without?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment