Monday, June 24, 2013

Recording things on my computer?

best baby monitor itunes
 on klanten ook gekocht best baby monitor lifestyle bekijk in itunes baby ...
best baby monitor itunes image



K B


I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium. I want to get a microphone for my guitar, a good pair of headphones headphones, Software, audio mixers, and anything else that would be required like USB connector or something. What brands are best? Where should I go to get this stuff. I was wondering if I had to get a different computer also. I am very new to recording. Thanks in advance.
i have $700 and it doesnt have to be professional



Answer
You need a DAW (digital audio workstation) software. A Pro Tools M-powered 8 system http://www.guitarcenter.com/Digidesign-Pro-Tools-M-Powered-8-DAW-Software-105187322-i1432585.gc - would work best on Windows 7. You will need a digital/audio interface and music quality sound card mentioned later.

A condenser microphone for voice recording and a dynamic microphone to record an acoustic guitar. Cables and mic stands. You will also need a studio monitor to listen to your recorded music. http://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio-M-Audio-Studio-Pro-3-Monitor---MXL-990-991-Mic-Package-888907-i1471849.gc - I have the MXL 990 and that is very fine quality microphone.

Your electric guitar and microphones can be plugged directly into the audio/digital interface that you need to interface your computer to your DAW software. http://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio-FastTrack-Ultra-USB-2-0-Audio-Interface-104806138-i1383564.gc - That interface also contains a music quality sound card that you will really need to produce broadcast ready music.

You will also need a good set of studio quality headphones (frequency response = 20 Hz to 20 kHz) I use these and they sound awesome and are very comfortable. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-T44-Dynamic-Stereo-Headphones-244514-i1126224.gc

You'll need a USB cable but, one might be included with the M-audio interface. I recorded on alap top computer for about 6-months and then decided I wanted a seperate desktop computer just for recording music. You really do need a place to stor your music and I would seggest buying an external 1.5 TB drive just to keep your music one. Eventually you will need two drives. One to use as a back up drive.

That is the basics to do what you want to do. It's a really good idea to eventually add a MIDI keyboard workstation like the Roland Juno G. The following software is helpful if you are writing music. Band-in-a-box, Guitar Pro 6, MasterWriter, RPsoft 2000 Musicord, There are lots of plug-ins for Pro Tools and also training books and videos for it. You probably do not need a mixer because you can mix everything in Pro Tools. You might want to get a bass guitar eventually.

I'm a songwriter and I write and record all my own stuff using Pro Tools. I play guitar, bass and keyboard so I can record all the tracks myself. The drums come right from Pro Tools or from my keyboard (I have a Roland Juno G). I sing the lead and all the background parts myself. When I'm finished, I have a broadcast quality recording that could sell on iTunes, Amazon,com, CD Baby, or Tunecore. You can do the very same thing. It's easier than ever before to make a living in the music business today. When you are ready, get a MySpace page. MySpace was created for people in the music business to network with each other. Good Luck to you.

Has it now become acceptable to download music for free?

Q. Remember those lawsuits back in 2000 against napster? That was when p2p was in its baby stages.
What about in 2004 against Kazza and the rest of those others still out today? What happened to those suits, because those website/programs are still up and distributing music for free.
Has it now just become exceptable? Because it seems like those lawsuits did nothing, because those p2p networks are still up and running, along with the websites.


Answer
Nope, it is still illegal. A lot of people have changed the fact that they don't share songs for uploads on those sites now. The RIAA as people monitoring and downoading songs and have peopel upload songs in order for them to catch people stealing music. I know at a college a went to a couple years ago, 8 people were slapped with some pretty heavy fines and court because they were dowloading music p2p. P2P is only legal if the music is not copyrighted or the artist and their record company have allowed it. Usually neither of those are the case. But they keep the sites in place for the situations where they are not copyrighted. They just make you agree that YOU will not perform illegal activity using the program. Reason thing have somewhat calmed down about the arguement is there are many programs you can get now that allow you to have music but pay for it. Napster, Rhapsody, Itunes, WalMart and the list goes on.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Recording things on my computer?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment