Monday, June 24, 2013

How advanced in my pregnancy do I have to be before I can clearly hear the baby's heartbeat with a stethoscope?

best baby monitor long distance
 on ... Monitor,Long distance and Night vision baby camera-in Baby Monitors
best baby monitor long distance image



Jade Orchi


I can barely catch little snatches of it now at 12 weeks. How much longer before I can hear it clearly?
I have excellent hearing... It sounded like a muffled clock ticking at about two to three times my own heart rate. I have a Sprague double tube stethoscope from my CNA days and that's what I've been using.



Answer
There are many variables including the acuity of your own hearing, the type of stethoscope used and the location and position of the fetus.

Amplified electronic stethoscopes (which cost $30 to $60) usually state that for best results, 21 to 28 weeks of development are required. Typical audio stethoscopes might require about 4 additional weeks.

The heartbeat will usually run in the range of 120 to 180 beats per minute (2 to 3 per second) and if everything is in the best condition, hearing it at 12 weeks is not that unusual. Just do not freak out if the next time you try, you do not hear anything. If the baby turns, the distance between its heart and the stethoscope can double or triple and make listening very difficult.

Doppler monitors will be able to pick up the heartbeats sooner and more clearly than any stethoscope but can be expensive to rent.

If you are careful, you might hear the baby hiccup or even kick. Try not to get too excited as your regular heartbeat (at its regular rate) is one of the most soothing things for the baby. Relax as much as you can. Learn to breathe deeply.

Looking for baby monitor that does not have interference from wifi network and blackberry. Recommendations?




bahiadave


Aware of Phillips model. Wondering if there is one that is not so expensive.


Answer
I have a Fisher Price 900 MHZ and we have a wifi network and have zero interference.

What we have is very similar to this, but it's a couple of years old: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-6545658-9279309?ASIN=B000I5RF8C&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B000I5RF8C|Long_Distance_900MHz_Baby_Monitor&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B000I5RF8C&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How advanced in my pregnancy do I have to be before I can clearly hear the baby's heartbeat with a stethoscope?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

1 comment: