Sunday, November 10, 2013

rights exchanging a sale item?? UK??

best baby monitor mothercare
 on Chicco Top Video Digital Baby Monitor - baby monitors - Mothercare
best baby monitor mothercare image



Victoria


I bought a baby monitor from mothercare it was on sale for £89, it is faulty so have taken it back to the shop but have to now pay £21 to exchange it as it has gone up to £110. Is this correct?? I thought i would just get a new one!! very annoying!!


Answer
No, this affects your statutory rights. If the item was faulty when you bought it, and if they agree that this was the case, they must offer you a full refund for the price you paid for it or a replacement.
If on the other hand the item was not faulty when you bought it then you are subject to their rules and regulations in regards to sale items.
My advice is persevere; ask to speak to the manager, insist that there was a fault with the item you bought and remind them of your statutory rights.

Went to the doc today im 27w 2d just found out my baby have a irregular heartbeat so i have to go to the doc?




Yaya K


once a week so it can be monitiored.. I was wondering if i could buy a monitior to do it myself. Can someone tell me where i can get one from and the price


Answer
I have an 18 month old daughter with a perfectly regular heartbeat, although an irregularity in her heartbeat was identified at my 20 week scan, which seemed to regulate itself towards the end of my pregnancy (about week 35 I seem to remember), but it returned again during my labour with her. In my case, I had to take anti-sickness tablets for the first few months of my pregnancy, because of a condition called hyperemesis gravidarum that I suffered with, meaning I threw up constantly and was losing a lot of weight. Although not proven, it couldnt be ruled out that this tablet may have led or contributed to the irregularity in her heartbeat. It seems likely because when i stopped taking the drugs, the irregularity stopped. I was called for extra scans - every few weeks really, and I found it very stressful at the time, but they checked out that the heart and all the valves had developed ok and they were satisfied that the irregularity would correct itself either before or after the birth - and it did. I bought a summer prenatal heart monitor from mothercare for about £30, but didnt find it very reliable to be honest, and this caused me more panics than not, if I couldnt pick up a heartbeat on it. You can buy or hire dopplers (the things the midwife uses at your regular checks to listen in to the baby), which I think I would do if I was pregnant again, but they do use ultrasound, so I would be cautious about using these too often so that you're not exposing the baby to unnecessary doses of ultrasound - just my opinion! Anyway, try not to worry too much - I'm sure your little one's heartbeat will correct itself over time, like my babys' did. One of my best friends is 35 and still has an irregularity in her heartbeat and it has had no effect on her life at all.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: rights exchanging a sale item?? UK??
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment