Thursday, December 26, 2013

Question about infant movement/breathing sensors?

best baby monitor sensor mat
 on ... to Nature Digital Sensor Mat Monitor | Best Baby Monitor Reviews UK
best baby monitor sensor mat image



LVEnPVM


I just moved my 6-month old into her crib at night (she'd been in bed with us before that) and I'm a nervous wreck all night because I can't monitor her breathing.

I'm wondering about the infant movement sensors now and I want to know if it's worth it to purchase at this stage since my baby moves all over the place in her sleep. I place her at one end and by morning she's clear across the other end, curled up in the corner. Won't this set off the alarm all the time if she's not right on top of the sensor mat?

Please share your experiences and let me know if it works for your 6+ month old baby. Thanks!



Answer
The risk of SIDS at 6 months old has decreased so much. If your baby moves around a lot then no its not worth it. It might go off in the middle of night and freak you out. We have used ours since my son was about 2 months and I am thinking about putting it away since he can now roll in both directions.Yes it will set off the alarm.

Ours beeped last night like it was about to go off. It freaked me out I ran into the room and my son was clear across the crib. I just shut it off.

Baby registry items?




sweetundin


I am a first time parent and I might not think of some important things to put on my registry. I want to ask more experienced moms. What proved to you to be an absolute necessity?

Thanks

Baby shower is in one month, and my baby will arrive in 10 weeks!!!



Answer
Breast pump, bottles and accessories
Nappy change pad, and change mats
Nappy Bag
Nappies (as mentioned previously different sizes because they grow out of them quickly)
Books (used like a bible) - recommend On Becoming BabyWise (for sleeping routine), What to Expect in the First Year
Baby Clothes
Vests
Muslin Wraps
Baby Monitor - with sensor pad, and handset for parents room
Cot Mobile
Play gym for baby - use for tummy time, and baby to use to play when a bit older
A lightweight, easy to fold, reclinable pram
Cot sheets
Teething rings

I've heard many people are doing online baby registry's now, are you? There's one at http://www.eBabyCentre.com/registry.html

Good luck with everything, it's such a special moment!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Question about infant movement/breathing sensors?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment