Monday, January 20, 2014

hi, I am 4 weeks 3 days preganant, LMP was 12/2/2013(without any doubt).Since day before yesterday i start?

best baby monitor of 2013
 on The 5 Most Popular Baby Monitor Brands | Best Baby Monitor Guide
best baby monitor of 2013 image






hi, I am 4 weeks 3 days preganant, LMP was 12/2/2013(without any doubt).Since day before yesterday i started having crampy lower abdomen pain for which i consulted my OBGYN, She urgent made me undergo the TVS which revealed pregancy of 5weeks 5days (no idea, how ?ultrasongraphist told me its all based on measurement , though I am pretty sure about my LMP dates) with the left side corpous leuteal cyst and just the gestational sac without fetal pole & no Yolk sac was visualised , which apparently should have been noticed till now according to the doctor,he told me tht he will repeat again the usg after 5-6days for the confirmation, ans it could me blighted ovum..on review with the my Gyanac, she told me tht we will go with the LMP dates as they r more realiable n will repeat the scan after 10 days. she is put me on complete bed rest with TAB SUSTEN 200MG & suggested that the crampy lower abdominal pain resembling PMS is all because of the corpus leuteal cyst and i might have to bare with it till my 1st trimester, she told me that with dates we don't expect anything more then the gestational sac at this moment.I have started with susten thrice daily, but i am too puzzled whom to believe and stressed out, as i am aware of the fact that that USG finding in early pregnancy are more accurate then the LMP.What should i do?please guide me properly,I can withstand the reality and be prepared for the worst, please guide me in proper way?is it blighted ovum? As far as i know that usg is always less than that LMP date, then why in my case it is coming more? I am to stressed, plz help me out asap..
its not December but 12th feb(LMP was 12th feb. 2013). No they didnt get any hcg levels checked.
thanx for those sweet words.but do u think its pretty okaay, my gestational sac measures 10mm acc to usg report?which makes its 5 weeks 5 days on the day when usg was done..though with lmp its just about 5 weeks now...here while surfing net i came across the fact that yolk sac develops when the gestational sac is over 8 mm.i m freaking out to the core.just keep on thinking about this all the day....



Answer
I really think your physician is worrying you too soon. We didn't see my baby until just about nine weeks! I had to turn down the D&C at seven and eight weeks. Yes, this may end in miscarriage but they really cannot know that for sure before nine weeks or so. Don't be afraid to get a second opinion. Also, keep in mind once the gestational sac is visualized, many doctors stop taking hCG levels because they can rise, plateau or drop and still be normal. Unfortunately, time is the only true test of a blighted ovum. Stay monitored and, as with any pregnancy, please be seen right away if there are complications. I do hope you get better news soon!

Oh, an just read your additional details. At my eight week ultrasound, my gestatational sac measured 21.5mm and looked completely empty. One week later at 28.5mm, they found my little one. Hang in there. Saying a prayer for you!

Diagnosed gestational diabetes yesterday and completely depressed :(?




It's Me


This is long, please excuse me.

I am approaching my late 30s and I took the 3 hour glucose test yesterday. My fasting blood sugar was perfect, but my other three reading showed that my body was not processing glucose as fast as it should (1st reading after an hour was 188, next one 2 hours later was 160, and I don't know what the third one was). I don't understand how I had such a perfect fasting score (89 out of a range of 80 to 110) and then everything go so wrong with the other scores to the point that I now have to have all the baggage of gestational diabetes.

I go see my OBGYN today to discuss what course of action we should take. This will be the first time she and I have talked after the crappy glucose results. I have no idea what is going to happen. I am afraid I will be required to have so many doctor's appointments that I will hardly be able to work (I don't have the kind of job where I can come in late or leave early). I know the health of myself and the child comes first, but I also have to consider the family that I already have. Plus, we desperately need to move into a bigger home before the baby is born. As of now, we would literally have no where to put him in the house we currently live in.

I also feel so cheated because this was the pregnancy that I tried to do things right. The only time I have eaten cookies or ice cream was in July! I actually tried to drink the required amount of water per day, and exceed it! I rarely eat candy, and I have spent a fortune on vegetables and fruits (I ate mostly vegetables because we grew some)! Well so much for all of that! I'm doing worse now than what I was when I ate honey buns and lasagna during a few previous pregnancies!!

I also fear that the rest of my pregnancy, labor and delivery will just be one big parade of medical interventions and medical requirements that will interrupt my life. I am afraid that they will use GD as an excuse to make my son's birth look more like a surgery to remove a cancerous tumor than a birth. I try to labor as naturally as possible, and if a lot of medical intervention and a c-section is the route that must be taken, as the last resort, then fine. I don't want to just be shoved down the medical intervention/surgery road without trying to avoid it first.

Please don't give me the "you have to do whatever necessary to have a healthy baby" routine, trite answer. I have had 2 miscarriages in a row, 4 in all. I already know that as well or better than most people.

Did anyone else feel this way? Do you feel you had a positive outcome?
I am right at 28 weeks pregnant. I had actually been monitoring my blood sugar at home (using an elderly person's glucose meter. She is an insulin dependent diabetic) and my blood sugar has NEVER been over 152. I told my OB's nurse that, and I will tell my doctor that today, but I don't think anyone will care. I am just afraid I will be out of work because I will be at either one kind of doctor or another throughout my pregnancy.

I will give an update tomorrow of what she says.



Answer
I have real diabetes, not gestational, and I think your idea of what diabetes and even gestational diabetes will entail is off the mark, aside from which yours is milder than you seem to think.

First of all, gestational diabetes has a lot to do with pregnancy hormones, and not so much with the regular risk factors of type 2 diabetes. What you ate doesn't much matter in terms of risk of gestational diabetes.
Second of all, if you weren't pregnant, those numbers wouldn't even qualify as diabetes, only impaired glucose tolerance which is a type of pre-diabetes (it has to go over 200 or else not come back down to under 125 for it to be diabetes). Those numbers would pose only a small increased risk even if they were what you had after every meal.
Third, those numbers didn't come after a normal meal, they came after a challenge- a lot of sugar. You may very well be able to avoid even those mild highs by simply not consuming that much sugar (or similar quantities of starch) at one time during your pregnancy. If you continue your good eating, those numbers that you saw might not happen again.
Fourth, with numbers like you had, if they don't get worse (and I don't know where you are in the pregnancy so I guess they might) there is no additional risk of birth defect, the risk to your health is minimal, and the only risks you're really looking at are an increased risk that the baby will be large for gestational age (which does increase the odds of a c section), an increased risk that the baby would have a low blood sugar right after he or she is born (which can be treated pretty easily), and a slightly increased risk for the child down the road of type 2 diabetes. That's ALL.

If you were running numbers like 150 before the meal and 350 after the meal (and that might sound high to you but it's not particularly unusual) that's when there'd be a really increased risk of stillbirth, miscarriage, and birth defects. The ADA's 2013 guidelines claimed that the risk of birth defects is, not increased for the children of diabetics if blood sugar average is below 150... and that average includes the hours you're asleep. If we assumed that you actually ran numbers like those after your normal meals (which I bet you don't), and ate three meals per day, then that's 6 hours per day with an average of not more than 180, and another 18 hours per day averaging about 90, for a daily average of 112.

At this point all it looks like you need is to not eat big problematic meals, and monitor blood sugar to see what happens. Treatment for gestational diabetes is diet with or without insulin. Contrary to what the previous poster said, none of the non-insulin medications are particularly recommended during pregnancy- metformin is approved during pregnancy for treatment of other issues, but trials have shown that it does not decrease blood sugar for gestational diabetes, and does not reduce risk of miscarriage, stillbirth, or birth defects, so I don't think there's much point.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: hi, I am 4 weeks 3 days preganant, LMP was 12/2/2013(without any doubt).Since day before yesterday i start?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment