Tuesday, January 21, 2014

How do people who are deaf hear their babies crying at night?

best kind of baby monitor
 on What Is the Best Baby Monitor?
best kind of baby monitor image



indiechick


I have a friend who is deaf who has an infant (we had our babies about a month apart) and she was complaining on facebook about her baby not sleeping through the night (yeah...join the club!) and I was just wondering what kind of system they would have for waking them up when their baby cries. Her husband is profoundly deaf too so he can't hear the baby either. I felt weird asking her "so how you hear your baby?". Are there baby monitors that vibrate that would wake you up?


Answer
They make monitors specially for these reasons.

Kudos to your friend for being deaf with an infant. Being a mom is hard enough, can't imagine what obstacles she has to deal with being deaf also.

How do you wake up when the baby is crying?




Aaron


My girlfriend can't ever wake up when the baby is crying and this is a issue cause I have to get up and go to work in the mornings and several times I was late just because it is almost impossible to wake her her up, right now I am having her stay at her moms which is pretty far and it is really difficult sometimes to make it to work on time because I watch the baby at nights and in the morning. The first month she was able to wake up without a problem but as I started getting up in the middle of the night and early morning to feed and change the baby the more she started not getting up now it is impossible to wake her up no matter how long the baby cries. Is there some type of baby monitor that is loud and can wake her or some kind of alrm or tips and tricks to wake her up. I mean the baby sleeps in a crib right next to the bet and I don't know what to do I worry so much when I go to work and sometimes her mother tells me that she comes home and she is crying with my girlfriend asleep.there has to be something we can do to make sure she wakes up for the baby so that we can move back home and start our family because she gets really mad when I try to stay at the house by myself and I worry when I stay at my house and believe I have to be at her parents to help even for a bit can anyone help?


Answer
That is not normal - it could be a sign of postnatal depression. Please get her to a doctor to sort this out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do people who are deaf hear their babies crying at night?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment