Saturday, February 1, 2014

Baby monitor with camera?




Love


I'm having my first child in December and my mom and I are looking at baby monitors and we found on that had a camera and shows you a live image of the baby. My mom was pretty impressed by this as they weren't around when I was a baby. But they are outrageously priced! I think she wants to get one for me anyway, as this is her first grandchild and my mom's the type to spend way too much. So I was wondering does anyone else have these? Worth the price? Are they any good?


Answer
I actually did this, but I used a wireless ip camera. When my son was 9 months old we had to move from a condo to an apartment with no washer/dryer hookup. So I had to leave the apartment to do the laundry a couple doors down and needed a way to see what my son was up to in between loads. I agree that the video monitor setups are very steep. And something worth noting is that every single one I've seen on shelves is not a secured network. So that video signal is open for others to view nearby. I use(d) a dlink IP cam that is networked securely to my home wireless network and accessible via smartphone. It cost about 30 bucks and 15 minutes of setup and I was up and going. I've had this setup for almost 3 years now and it's been helpful. I don't think I've had any memorable absences, but it's a nice piece of mind to make sure my son was sleeping safely when I had to leave the apartment for a moment.

What is the best baby Monitor I should buy/register for?




TB Expecti


Please, any suggestions???


Answer
Really, just buy/request the middle of the line - whatever that may be. We spent 45 bucks at Target and it is perfect for our needs. Models change so frequently - ours was safety first.

In the end, consider your needs - how far away will you be? Will the radius of the baby's room to say your living room, kitchen, etc be covered? Are there two channels in case one is 'occupied' (ours picked up the neighbor's kid so wee switched channels and we were fine.) Do you need a portable unit? Ours has the base - for the baby's room, one that we keep in our bedroom, and a spare unit that you can either plug in or put batteries in for mobility.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Baby monitor with camera?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment