Saturday, March 15, 2014

When to quit using a baby monitor at night?




lovelylady


My DD is 4 month old. We dont use a monitor right now because she sleeps in the same room (1 bedroom rental house only 560sq ft) We bought a 1200sqft house and will be moving when she is just over 5 months old. My question is how long did you personally use a monitor for? We own one so its Ill use it for naps cause I could be anywhere at nap time in the house but her bedroom is right across from ours. Im thinking it might work best just to leave both bedroom doors open at night? Im sure we'll try it out either way and see what works but a little input is nice. Thanks.


Answer
My daughter will hit 5 months on Sunday, and we do exactly what you are talking about...her bedroom is across the hall from ours. I DO close both doors, becuase if she actually cries, I can hear her through it, but if she's just babbling, its not loud enough to wake me up (If i"m awake I can hear it).

The baby monitor sits plugged in in the living room, so that if shes napping and i'm watching tv, i can see it light up and hear her. Works perfectly!

Anyone else have a baby who talks to themselves at night?




LuvMyLife


My almost 5 month old has started waking up way too early talking to herself. She isn't crying but of course it comes through the monitor and she is just talking. Any ideas what to do? Should i just turn off the monitor because she is not upset...
I don't really mind her talking it is just that my poor husband has to sleep for work. I am a SAHM so it is not a big deal to me! I think it is so freaking cute just not at 2:30am!



Answer
Your baby is doing really good if she is already babbling at 5 months. Just let her be. She is practicing with her words and sounds. If you want to turn off the monitor that is fine, you will hear her if she gets upset. Or you could just lay back and listen to the sweet "stories" your dear one is telling you or the wall or the animals in the room. My 1yr old wakes up about 5:30 everyday and talks to the bunny in her bed. The more she practices the quicker she will learn her sounds and may start talking earlier.



It is such sweet music to hear our childrens voices.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: When to quit using a baby monitor at night?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment