Tuesday, April 15, 2014

What do you do when the baby has a hole in his heart?




boobah:)


Ok, so my mom is pregnant and she's 4 months preg so she went to get a ultrasound scan....i think thas what you call it. and well the baby has a hole in his heart but he's still moving. my mom is 36 and she her ulcers hurt recently....so i'm wondering what can be done. to heal the baby's heart. i mean what can my mom do? please help. thanks


Answer
It depends on the situation. My daughter has a heart defect that was found at a 20 week ultrasound. In our situation, they monitored her by doing echo-cardiograms throughout the pregnancy - it is like a high-tech ultrasound that focuses on the heart. We met with a pediatric cardiologist and reviewed our options - some holes will close themselves, others require treatment - every situation is a bit different. We delivered her via c-section at 37 weeks and the cardiac team was waiting. They immediately evalutated her condition and she ultimately had surgery and will need another near surgery in the future.

I am not surprised that her ulcers are acting up - it is so stressful. There is really not very much that can be done while the baby is still inside (some doctor have successfully attempted in-utero surgery but it is very rare) - try to relax, take it day by day, talk to your doctors - maybe meet a pediatric cardiologist. Tour the NICU, find the best doctors you can . . .most babies are just fine and they can do amazing things with science!

Be there for your mom - she needs you.

Keeping you in my thoughts!

when can I detect my baby's heartbeat with a fetal heartbeat doppler? please read.?




rainbowbri


I have a fetal heartbeat doppler, and I was wondering how far along I needed to be in order to hear or detect the baby's heartbeat with it. It is 3.0 mhz and it has a digital screen that shows the heartrate. It just came to me today and I wasn't expecting it for another few weeks. I am about 8 weeks pregnant. I was curious, so I decided to try it, but I have no idea what I heard or saw on the display screen. I did detect a heartbeat that was 160 something, but it didn't last very long. Once I heart the sounds of a heart beating but it appeared to be slower than the rate that was displayed. The 160 something readings that I got didn't last long. I honestly don't know if I detected the baby's heartbeat or what. I know my heart doesn't beat at 160 or so beats LOL. What do you all think?? Thanks.


Answer
I heard my sons at approx. 12 wks,and that was just with one of the walmart Bebe sounds with headphones,no monitor.Though I heard mostly just his kicks,you should be able to detect your babies heartbeat pretty soon here with your high-tech one I'd think. Maybe you did hear your babies heartbeat....awesome feeling huh? Your babies heartbeat is faster than yours,and he/she could have been moving around which may be the reason why it didnt last very long.Did your heartbeat doppler come with any information? Good luck and hope you have a wonderful pregnancy.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What do you do when the baby has a hole in his heart?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment