Sunday, April 13, 2014

long-distance baby monitors?




John 13:34


my grandmother is 87 years old and can't really move around. she lives with us. my family plans on going to the beach this summer, and my dad would feel at ease if we had a long-distance baby monitor that we could use (or more pref. a walkie talkie that didn't require her to push any buttons) while she stays in the motel. it would probably be about 300 yards or so. it's pretty close to the beach. is there any device like this?


Answer
The Fisher Price Long Distance baby monitor (link below at Amazon) works only to about 100 yards (in actual use, about 75-80) and two years ago, this was the longest distance one we could find (my BIL was recovering from a stroke and my sister wanted it while working in garden). This was the longest distance baby monitor we could find. A walkie talkie is likely your best bet.

Can you recommend a baby monitor (preferably a video monitor) that works from very long distances?




Linds


We just moved into a new house where our master bedroom is completely on the opposite side of the house from our son's room. The moniter that we have now works only sporadically (most of the time it flashes "out of range"). I really need one that will work well! It probably doesn't help that our bedroom is converted from the old garage, so there are literally 2 brick walls between our room and our son's room. Please help! Thank you!


Answer
I have a Mobi and it works great in my house. My house isn't huge but I can be upstairs and my daughter's room is downstairs on the other side of the house and it is clear. During the day the pic is in color, but turns to black and white at night. The only static has been when we have it too close to our remote controls and cell phones. It will get fuzzy but we move the items and it is fine.

Not sure if it will work between brick walls, but I have been out in our garage on my treadmill and had no problem.


http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobicam-Baby-Nursery-AV-Monitor/10263832




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: long-distance baby monitors?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment