Saturday, December 8, 2012

How do people who are deaf hear their babies crying at night?

Q. I have a friend who is deaf who has an infant (we had our babies about a month apart) and she was complaining on facebook about her baby not sleeping through the night (yeah...join the club!) and I was just wondering what kind of system they would have for waking them up when their baby cries. Her husband is profoundly deaf too so he can't hear the baby either. I felt weird asking her "so how you hear your baby?". Are there baby monitors that vibrate that would wake you up?

A. They make monitors specially for these reasons.

Kudos to your friend for being deaf with an infant. Being a mom is hard enough, can't imagine what obstacles she has to deal with being deaf also.


When did you start buying stuff for teh baby?
Q. Someone said it is" bad luck " to buy before the baby is born, just to save the money. Someone else said if something is a deal buy it. Then I hear 6 months.
My brothers wife had stuff in a closet before she was pregnant someone was throwing a way a brand new baby monitor. She said if she saw diapers on the back rack of the store like 75% off she would buy them.
So I am doing my own little poll;
When did you first buy something for your baby also what was it.
woops "the"

A. I actually bought clothes on clearance before we were even pregnant, and once we were pregnant we started buying big things around 15 weeks. I think it's definitely a must to have some things on hand before the baby is born, like diapers, car seat etc. I'm 35 weeks now and the nursery is completely done and ready. I had a baby shower 3 weeks ago and I've got pretty much everything we need for the baby. I would have felt panicked if I wasn't totally ready before he/she was born, but that's just me. I think it probably is a good idea to not buy much till after the first trimester because of the risk of miscarriage, but everyone is different.


What happens to the baby if give birth more then 2 weeks early or more then 2 weeks late?
Q. I have to do a project on the question: "what happens if a baby is born more then 2 weeks early or more then 2 weeks late?"
Does anybody know the answer? Or any details about it?
I know that if the baby is born more then 2 weeks before the due date it is technically premature but what are the effects of it?
If you have any answers, it would be very helpful!

A. Two weeks early usually isn't a HUGE deal. It will be a little underdeveloped and the hospital will keep it for at least a few days, probably in an incubator sort of machine that helps keep them warm because they will have thermal issues and get too cold on their own. The hospital would have to give them nutrients that it would still be getting from the mother's body via syringe or tubes.

If the baby is late, the hospital will have to monitor it carefully. Babies will urinate in the womb and then it will get reabsorbed by the baby as well as the mother. However babies do not defecate while in the womb as it is still too under developed for that process. Two weeks late is long enough for the baby to be developed enough to have bowel movements. If it has a bowel movement in the uterus the hospital has to remove it or the baby and mother could both be jeopardized.

The poster above doesn't know much... a late baby does not mean it isn't getting oxygen and may come out mental. It is still attached to the mother and could be completely fine, as long as the hospital monitors the bacteria levels so they can remove the feces if it happens.


How many women give up there child because the baby was born with a birth defect?
Q. Has anyone on here given up there child because they did not want to deal with all the stress that come with having a child with a disability? This is not to be mean I am a mother of a disabled child and I could never give him up so I am wondering how many women give them up for this reason?

A. I had to throw an adoption worker out of my hospital room after my son was born. He was born at 32 weeks with severe breathing problems. There was NO chance I was leaving him despite the social worker being so err... pushy that I sign over my rights (I'd never even thought of adoption during my pregnancy). Sick people need their family, more than at any other point. When you are on death's door you NEED warmth and comfort, the kind that comes from the people you love. I was all my son knew and there was no way I would have taken that reassurance from him. Even when he was older and the breathing monitors were going off four or five times a night I didn't care. He had made it, he was alive and thriving so what was a little sleep deprivation to me? He came home with numerous medical devices and medications that I had to manage and I won't lie, it sucked and it was hard for me but he was mostly healthy and that was what counted.

My youngest daughter has a rather nasty sensory disorder and I wouldn't give her up for the world. My friends have said that raising her seems to be like raising quints, she is so intense it is hard to imagine she is really only one little person. We deal, we cope and we learn.

That is what being a parent is all about, being there with unconditional love and support.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do people who are deaf hear their babies crying at night?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment