Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Should we require testing for having kids in the USA?

Q. I'm on the fence with this one. I believe that no one has the right to say who can and cannot have kids, but at the same time I believe that there's too many people having kids that do not want them, are not good parents, are not responsible enough and so on. Would the test be before or after the child is born? Who would administer the test? Who would ensure people are taking it? What kinds of questions would be on it? What are your thoughts - is it unethical to require such testing?

A. No... BUT... We should start a MANDATORY class on Sexual Education, Child Development, & Child Psychology starting at the same age we give start the "Health Classes", which I believe is Grade 5.

There should be a MANDATORY AlaTeen Meeting at EVERY HIGH SCHOOL to help deal with the pandemic of abuse, addiction, molestation, mental illness, etc. (& no, just because it is based on the 12-Step Program doesn't make it a bible-thumping christian recruitment center. That's a myth spread by people that don't want to seek help for their addictions/mental illness to justify their refusal to seek treatment.)

Children that are being abused, be it physical abuse, sexual abuse, verbal/emotional abuse, raised by addicts, abandoned by a parent, raised by mentally ill parent/s, etc. should be provided with MANDATORY mental health treatment so they don't grow up to repeat the cycle of chaos & abuse that jacked up their parents...

Children of sexual abuse should have a note put in some sort of permanent record that they need extra therapy & to be monitored because 60% of abused children commit either Peer on Peer sexual abuse or Adult on Child sexual abuse. Sexual molestation is the only crime that exponentially increases the numbers of victimizers. (Not to mention that we now KNOW how abuse in Childhood alters UR epigenome & dramatically increases UR risk for obesity, diabetes, heart diseases, stroke, mental illness, & severe addiction.)

- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --
► Childhood Abuse May Increase Risk For Heart Attack, Stroke
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/13/childhood-abuse-may-incre_n_1089155.html

► NOVA Science Now - Topic: The Epigenome: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sciencenow/3411/02.html
Streaming - BBC Horizon "The Ghost In UR Genes":
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=The+Ghost+in+UR+Genes&emb=0&aq=f#
- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --

Children born to Teenage Mothers should be given extra therapy & attention to make goddamned sure they don't make their half-tard baby-mamma's 35 year old grandmas... The pattern of behavior & family of origin is CLEAR CUT. The generational transmission of trauma causes children to grow up & repeat the same unhealthy behaviors of their parents.

The Government should subsidize Long Term Contraception starting at Puberty. The use of the Depo 3-Month Birth Control Shot has been documented to have drastically reduced the number of abortions & unwanted pregnancies in this country as well as in other areas of the world where women are 2nd class citizens & can be beaten for just asking her man to use a condom. Rwanda, Africa has a more advanced Female Reproductive Health Care System than the US does.

The patch, the shot, the ring, the implant... Just the fact that these girls won't be sh*tting out unwanted kids will pay the government back in full in a single generation because not only would welfare numbers go down, but CRIME would reduce because there won't be half as many abused kids acting out by going out & joining gangs, vandalizing property, stealing, mugging, etc. because when a Boy gets abused, they turn to crime & when a girl gets abused, she ends up pregnant at 14 & on the poll by 18. Just the long term reductions in prison population will repay ALL MONEY spent on therapy, education, & contraception.

Today, everyone believes that they are a special little snowflake... Utterly different than EVERYONE ELSE ON EARTH. They believe that with a short background history, no 1 could EVER predict their behavior because "I'm Special".

Yet what do we do with animals? How many polar bears must be studied before we can predict the behavior of almost all polar bears? 200? With humans, we might have to study 400 but the results are the same... We can predict a person's behavior based upon their past, specifically their family of origin.

Addict mom or dad? U have a 50% chance of having inherited the genetics for addiction. An intoxicated parent is an abusive parent which sets U up to be attracted to victimizers, chaos, & addicts as partners in adult life & U'll have a hard time maintaining healthy intimate relationships because of how UR brain was hardwired as a child.


What are the best baby products?
Q. I am due with my first on June 12th. I don't really know the best products to use yet since I don't have any experience.I was hoping that some of you could give me some ideas on what works best and the products you prefer. Also is there a way of getting free samples from some places so I can try some of the products first and see how I like them? Please share your experience with these items that brought you to like/dislike them. Thanks! Best answer will go to mos descriptive.

Diapers?
Wipes?
Pacifiers?
Lotions?
Baby wash?
Diaper rash cream?
Baby monitor? Video and sound or just sound?
Formula?
Bottles?
Breast pump?
Breast pads?
Breast creams?
And anything else I may have left out.

Thank you so much!
BTW: I plan on breast feeding, but the formula is just in case it doesn't work out. Thanks again!

A. Diapers: Pampers are best, especially the swaddlers. They're softer and smell nice. As your baby gets bigger, you might find Huggies little movers fit better though. I found the sides on the Pampers started to scrunch up and dig in (or at least, look uncomfortable) as my daughter got bigger. Fisher Price diapers are also a decent (and less expensive) option as well as the Walmart brand.

Wipes: I definitely preferred the Huggies wipes. I found the Pampers wipes too soft and too flimsy. I like something with a little more substance. The Walmart brand wipes are ok too - but smell kind of bad.

Pacifiers: I only ever used the NUK ones, which we never had a problem with, but I can't really compare them to anything else.

Lotions: I've tried pretty much every baby lotion on the shelf and always end up going back to the Aveeno ones. Mostly because I think they smell good. I never found the Johnson's lotions to really keep my daughter's skin as soft as the Aveeno ones either.

Baby wash: I love the Aveeno baby wash too, but only because they smell nice. All baby washes are pretty much the same otherwise.

Diaper rash cream: Definitely not Desitin - it smells awful. I always used and liked Penaten.

Baby monitor: I have an Avent monitor and it works great. You can adjust the senitivity enough to hear your baby breathing or to stay off unless she actually starts crying. Reception is awesome, no interferance from other electronics/computers you sometimes get with other monitors.

Formula: After my breastfeeding woes, we started using Enfamil. But after a few weeks my kid got pretty constipated so we switched to Similac. She did really well with it and we never had another problem. If you sign up on their website, they send you pretty decent coupons once in a while too.

Bottles: We used the NUK bottles - mostly because we had a free sample lying around when we needed a bottle. I'm not sure I would recommend them though. Their venting is not really reliable and you have to interrupt the feeding because a vaccuum has developed in the bottle. We used the Playtex drop ins later on. The idea was nice - not having to wash so many bottle parts, but the liners were an added cost.

Breast pump: I used an ancient Ameda one for a while, which worked great but I don't think they sell them anymore (at least, not that model). I've heard the Medela Swing is pretty good though.

Breast pads: I only ended up using the Gerber contoured ones (because it's what I bought while pregnant). I wouldn't buy them again - they were awkward and definitely pretty obvious under clothing. I never got a chance to use them, but I'd look into "lilypads" too - they're a silicone type "pad" that apparently works pretty well.

Breast creams: I used the Lansinoh cream. In retrospect, I think it interfered with the healing of my cracked nipples more than it helped. It also stains so beware.



(Also, if you're really into natural/green baby products (and not just how nice they smell - ha), I would spend some time researching them instead of just trusting the label: http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2011/lousylabels/)


Baby registry and purchases before your baby shower?
Q. I have not started my registry nor do I plan to until probably around Thanksgiving time. I am just curious what everyone bought before their showers. I am a big CraigsList surfer but haven't purchased much yet. I think you can find great stuff on there for fractions of the price. I was thinking I would buy used a video baby monitor, cloth diapers (to find my preferred type/brand) and dresser and crib set (once I check out the recalls, etc). I have also been given a bunch of stuff from my sister in law like bouncy chairs, bassinettes, infant swing, clothing, baby tub, stroller & carseat (not sure about it's safety rating though) and a bunch of other stuff I have no idea what it is.

What is left for my baby registry?

Baby #1 due February 1, 2011 and shower is only 2 weeks before the due date!
Having the shower so close because that's when my sister (has time and) offered to have it for me. I would prefer to have it after the baby is born that way out of town people could meet the baby and we don't know what we're having yet!

A. Well, i have a 7month old and i'm still finding things i need. I suggest getting some sort of toybox/storage system...i really like those cubbies and fabric bins. you won't really need it for a while, but i'm already tripping over all her toys! a hamper. i have a little 3drawer plastic office organizer for her headbands and clips, it's nice for little odds and ends. I agree with a previous comment, it's better to buy a new carseat if you are able to. A soft lamp, so when you go in to feed/change/check on baby you won't wake them up too much. you'll need a finger nail clipper. again, i agree w a previous person...a diaper warmer isn't necessary, just hold it in your hand for a minute. blankets, lots of socks (they always go missing) pacifiers and a CLIP, don't forget a clip to attach it to the baby or car seat. one little gadget i was given, and loved was this timer (from babiesRus or target i think) it has a few timers for last diaper change, feeding, medicine administration, how long they've been asleep. it helped me alot in the beginning to wake her up for her feedings instead of letting her sleep thru them.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should we require testing for having kids in the USA?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment