Monday, September 2, 2013

I have some questions about fish please?

best baby monitor apple
 on Apple Baby Monitor, Digital Video Baby Monitor with Multi Camera, Baby ...
best baby monitor apple image



Abard2


1) How long should one "cycle" a new tank before putting fish in?
2) Can one have a small pleco & a apple snail in 20 gallon tank with them getting enough food, adding a algae pellet a day?
3) Our molly had babies & we isolated them in one of those box nets at top of tank. How long time wise or length of fish wise should we wait before we release them back in tank?



Answer
1. A fishless cycle (recommended) will take between 3 and 8 weeks. Add a source of ammonia such as fish food or household ammonia to the tank and monitor levels on a daily basis until ammonia and nitrite are 0.

2. The term "pleco" describes a HUGE variety of catfish - many of which grow quite large, so it depends on the specific plec you're after.

3. They need to be too big to fit into the largest fish's mouth. What other fish do you have?

Note: If you have an established filter, you can take some of the media (sponge, bio-balls, ceramic plates, etc) out of the filter and put it in the new filter. That'll act as seed bacteria and speed the cycling process up.

My sugar glider refuses to eat crickets?




Morgan_Hor


I've had my glider for quite a while, but she has recently started to refuse crickets. She eats everything else (fruit, eggs, LOTS of apples, etc.) fine though. I have to go to the city 45 minutes away to get meal worms, so the only protein (besides Leadbeather's) I can give to her are crickets. Why do you think she isn't eating them? How can I make them 'tastier'?


Answer
a lot of things actually wont eat crickets
when my monitor was a baby he'd turn his nose away (now he eats anything that i offer him...), my current baby monitor wont touch them, and neither will my older female leopard gecko
maybe she just doesnt like them?

when my crested gecko is being a bit picky, i'll dip the crickets in honey and he'll go for them right away - maybe thats worth a try

you could try other feeder insects. Locusts and hoppers and roaches are always available, and none of my lizards can resist either
and if you know she eats mealworms (or even superworms), then they are very very easy to breed. Buying one box could mean you dont have to go back to the shop for over a year




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I have some questions about fish please?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment