Wednesday, September 4, 2013

what is the best baby monitor to buy?

best quality baby monitor
 on Best Quality Wireless Baby Monitor 2.5 Inch TFT Wireless Baby Monitor ...
best quality baby monitor image



RyanA


I don't care about price. We would like one with video and sound...unless the video is of poor quality.
Thanks!



Answer
Although it does not have video, the Angelcare monitor is what I used for both my children.

http://www.angelcare-monitor.com/english/hispeed/angelcare.html

It has a movement monitor that you slip under the mattress and sound monitor combined that is ULTRAsensitive. I was always scared that my babies would stop breathing during the night. I felt it was better than a video monitor since you can't sit in front of the video monitor 24/7, (and you certainly can't watch it while YOU are asleep,) but you will certainly hear the alarm on this monitor! Very reliable, gave me peace of mind and overall one of the best monitors I've ever owned.

I really need help deciding what surround sound Bose speaker system to get for my room?




starbucks


I have about a 12 by 12 foot room. I want a high quality system with at least four speakers, including one bigger than the others.It needs to be wireless so I can play music from my computer. I also need to have a jack for my ipod to connect to.


Answer
If you want a high quality system then absolutely do not buy Bose. For the same price you spend on Bose, you can get a much better sound system. The only thing superior about Bose is their marketing.

Right now, I would say that JBL, Klipsch and Polk Audio are probably the 3 leading speaker companies that consumers such as yourself should be looking into. They all have equivalently priced products as Bose, but with superior sound in that price bracket.

Another thing I would like to try to talk you out of is a wireless system. So much stuff these days rely on wireless technology (cell phones, computers, keyless entry key chains, baby monitors, etc.) that you will often get interference and bleed-over into your wireless speakers. Cell phones can produce a popping noise while things like baby monitors can actually cause voices to be heard in the background, behind the music.

And since these wireless speakers are active, meaning that they have to be plugged into an AC outlet for power, they can also get interference from "dirty" or unstable power coming from your wall socket. Unstable power can be caused by electric motors such as refrigerator compressor pumps, washer and dryers, and more. So one minute you may be listening to some clean music and the next minute music with a fuzzy background noise because your refrigerator kicked on.

To prevent dirty power, you can buy power filters. Of course you would have to buy one for each speaker. The good thing is that most of these power filters have built-in surge protection (which you will also want). The bad thing is that they start at about $60 per filter. So if you bought a 5.1 style speaker system, you would need $360 just for filters.

So think about it. Do you really want to spend a grand or more on "quality" speakers just to have them play hissing and buzzing sounds just because you wanted a wireless system? I wouldn't. Take the time to run some wires and do the job right. You can't half ass quality.

And if some sales person says to you that you will not get this kind of interference, just remember, it's his job to tell you this.

As far as your sound system goes, to choose a nice one, you need to take a few things into consideration like:

1. What is your budget?
2. Will this be primarily for watching movies or for music?
3. How many speakers do I want? Specifically. 4 plus a sub woofer? 5 and a sub? This makes a big difference in price.

Once you have figured these things out, then your question can be better answered.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what is the best baby monitor to buy?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment