Friday, April 4, 2014

Apnea Monitor for sids?




seniorita


Lost our little girl last year and are expecting again. We are looking into apnea monitors, looks like the medical ones are all around four thousand dollars. I don't like the idea of placing this baby away in a crib by his or herself, would prefer a side sleeper or moses basket approach. It appears as though I must place the baby in a crib alone though, if we are going to buy the cheaper models.
Any experience or advice? We would be open to renting a medically sound model, just don't have an extra 4k lying around right now.
Thanks
Cindy C- She was sleeping next to me when I found her, so I still need a monitor.
Thanks



Answer
Firstly I'm so so sorry for your loss. I have a tommee tippee sensor monitor it has a sensor that goes under the mattress and a box thing at the side of my bed it flashes green everytime baby moves so when he breaths it has an alarm that goes off if there's no movement for 20 seconds. It may not be the same as the apnea monitors but it works well for me and eases my mind a little it also has a hand held monitor that's portable that has the flashing lights too if I remember rightly it cost around £40 from asda which is a fraction of the cost of some of the others on the market. I'm not sure where you are living but feel free to get in touch if I can help you get hold of one or get one sent to you, good luck and congratulations xxx

what do you recommend, for a baby monitor?




Lala


dont call me a troll just because of my question history, its a shared family account for the girls in the family. now to my question, do you recommend a video baby monitor, or just audio. i dont know anybody who has had a video monitor, but if you had one how did it work out for you? i feel like a video one would stress me out, like id be looking at it all the time, but an audio one, you can just keep it right next to you, and you dont even have to worry about a thing, youll just know. but then again, your baby would be safer witht the video and audio i guess? i dont know. i guess it just decreases the risk of sudden infant death syndrome, (sids). but any opinions would be greatly appriciated.
it may reduce the risk of suffication or something of that nature



Answer
I used an audio monitor with my first baby. 2nd time round, I didn't bother with one, although I did leave bedroom and living room doors open, in case she awoke. Personally if you follow the Health visitors advice on safe sleeping positions etc, and have a well ventilated (but not cold) bed room for your baby/child, everything should be fine.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Apnea Monitor for sids?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment