Friday, April 4, 2014

Baby Heart Monitor?

Q. I bought a baby heart monitor, I don't know if it was because it was cheap (20 dollars), but it said that i would be able to hear kicking and hiccups and stuff. I am only 4 months pregnant and it says you wont be able to hear the heart beat until 5. I was just getting ansy and wanted to make sure everything is still OK. We tried it on my belly and I heard lots of noises, then we tried it on my boyfriend and heard the exact same noises. Do they even work??
After reading your answers I guess my 20 dollars could have been better spent on CRAVINGS!


Answer
yea-some of them dont work until 8th or 9th month-it really just depends on how strong your babys heartbeat is.
and you have to be very precise & know exactly where baby's heartbeat is to actually find it .

9 times out of 10--the heartbeat you are hearing is your own.
next time you are at your doctors and he/she checks for baby's heartbeat-try to remember exactly where he heard/found it

personally I think they are a waste of money
you could always take yours to your next appt though and if the doctor or nurse has a free minute--ask them if they can find the heartbeat using whatever monitor you got.

Fuzzy baby monitors.. normal?




youbet-its


Are baby monitors supposed to sound really fuzzy? I thought maybe I just had the monitor out of range, but i tried it right in his bedroom next to the other one and it still did it.. also I am sure it is on the right channel.


Answer
Our baby monitor is three years old and gets fuzzy occasionally. I think it's the the end of the cord that plugs into the monitor. If we take it out and put it back in, it usually works. We got some gift money for our baby, who is due in November, we're going to put that aside for a new one, as we will probably quit using it with our three-year-old. However, he'll be rooming with me or us for several months after he is born.

When our monitor has its fuzzy moments, and it's not getting unfuzzy, I just make sure I can hear noises from her bedroom to hear her. (Also, her bedroom is over the living room where I sit while she is napping and I can generally hear her through the floor/ceiling.)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Baby Heart Monitor?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment