Monday, June 9, 2014

Can you keep a savannah monitor in the same cage for its whole life?




Ethan


I want to get a Savannah Monitor as a baby but I was wondering if I built a 9x4x4 Terrarium if it would be comfortable in that as a baby and as a juevinile. Please reply as fast as you guys can because I really need to know!


Answer
Its best to keep it in a cage according to how big it is so its not too far from his hides, food, water at any given time, considering you have a small monitor in an extra large cage. If its too big rather than too small it shouldn't be much of an issue but if its too small, that's not good at all. To answer your question, yes you can keep a savannah monitor in the same cage his whole life given that that cage will be fit for him and is big enough for him considering how big it he will be when fully grown. There are the pros and cons of having a baby monitor in a cage that is big enough to house an adult in but as long as you take care of him and monitor the monitor he will be fine. By he I mean he/she.

Advice on baby monitors?




Sarah


Right now we are using a hand-me-down monitor that we got at our shower. Its a safety 1st and we are completely OVER IT. My son is now 4 months old and I cant take the static or being a human antenna any longer. Its got a constant static and buzzing noise that drives my husband up the wall. I will have the volume down really low and then all of a sudden it will get really loud (it has woken my son up before and he is two rooms away)

So, which ones are good? We were hoping to find a decent one with out dishing out a ton of money, is that possible? Which ones have worked best for you? We greatly appreciate the help :)



Answer
We use the Graco iMonitor Vibe and it works just great for us! It's inexpensive, easy to use and never gives off the slightest bit of static. I never even remember that it's on until she cries in the morning.

I guess my only complaint is that it doesn't hold a charge for very long (probably 20-30 minutes max). The receiver pretty much has to stay on the base, plugged into the wall at all times. This isn't a problem for us, because we only use it at night while we're sleeping, but it might be an issue for somebody in a large house to wanted to use it during the day.


EDIT: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but a baby monitor was not a waste for us. I am a heavy sleeper (which only gets worse when I'm over-tired) and my daughter's nursery is clear across our house. She could lie screaming for an hour without waking me.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can you keep a savannah monitor in the same cage for its whole life?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment