Friday, June 13, 2014

Have you heard of this brand?




MrsSchmidt


I am wanting to get a baby video monitor and the one I was interested in (Summer slim one) has so many bad reviews. I found one on ebay but I have never heard of the brand. Here is the link to the auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110775042052?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3607wt_936
Has anyone heard of this brand? Or do you have one like this? If so, what would you say about it? Is it a good monitor?
Thank you!
Another question, what does 2.4GHz mean?



Answer
There is no name brand, wireless is very ambiguous. I'd be wary of those 2.4GHz, systems there is no mention of encryption of the signal to the base from the camera. Since anyone with a similar receiver can view the signal if it is indeed not encrypted in some way. You should ask the seller to confirm. Also if you have a cordless phone you should check if that runs on the same radio frequency. Because possible interference might occur. If you are willing you can spend a little bit more and if have a recent wireless router you can get a wireless network camera, such as this http://www.dlink.com/category/productcategories/?cid=7 Which would be encrypted signal, could view on a computer or smartphone, and even on the internet via a private website mydlink.com. I've purchase a D-Link network camera over 10 years ago for the very same reason, to monitor my baby. Now that my babys are no longer babys I still use it to monitor my home when I am away.

what connects to 2.4ghz and 5ghz on a network?




Danni


I have 3 smartphones in my home, 5 laptops, 2 ipads, and one smart vizeo tv.
I have a D-link DIR-850L Wireless router...
(The router is located in the family room, and most of the devices stay downstairs near the router, the smart tv is upstairs though....i don't know if this makes a difference)

What devices should be connected to the 2.4ghz and which devices should be connected to the 5ghz network..?

Thanks for any help! :)



Answer
It's incredible what people don't know about dual speed routers. You also want a "simultaneous" dual speed router so it will support both at the same time. Otherwise it will only run at the lower speed.
~
All 802.11b and g devices run on 2.4GHz only. That is also where a lot of your other devices run like Bluetooth, baby monitors etc.

5GHz is for 802.11n and has a higher speed and less interference. Great for video streaming & gaming. Nothing, repeat, NOTHING, can share both & "double the speed". No such animal.

Your router has no relationship to what your ISP uses.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Have you heard of this brand?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment