Sunday, June 8, 2014

Multiple Children / Multiple Baby Monitors?




Nathaniel'


My son is 2.5 years old and we still use a Video Baby Monitor in his room. I am due in May with my 2nd child and will also need a Video Baby Monitor in the babies room.

My question is.. If I get 2 similar systems, will the channels interfere with each other? Is there a brand that makes Dual Camera systems?

Parents that have run into this situation... what did you do?

I'm not comfortable with not having a monitor in my older son's room just yet.... so I really will need two.

Thanks for your help!
Yeah, I know he will be fine... but I'm not ready yet.
So if you are going to answer my Q, then please answer it... I don't need to hear all the other crap.

Thanks.



Answer
Neither of my kids were okay with opened door check ups, ever, if we opened the door to see if they were ok, they woke up and refused to go back to sleep. Add to that that we can't even hear the doorbell or phone while in the basement, well, monitors are a necessity and we went with video monitors so we didn't end up waking the kids all the time instead of just checking on them. My son has a sleep disorder so there was no way I wanted to interrupt his sleep if I could help it. He was 21 months when his sister was born so what we did is buy two of the basic Safety 1st video monitors. I put each kid on a different channel. I mainly monitored the baby, but if I heard something from my son, I could switch channels and see if I needed to go in to him or if everything was okay. If I needed full-time monitoring of my son, say if we were watching a movie in the basement, I put on a voice only monitor I had for him -- whatever the cheapest fisher price one is -- but I could still look at him if I needed to by flipping channels. It worked fine at the same time as the video ones. It sounds really complicated but it worked out well for us.

As for dual monitoring video ones -- I couldn't find one that worked the way I needed it to work -- thus the above. They have dual systems that will monitor more than one room at a time but you're only able to keep the receiver end on one room. Basically, doing what we did above, but I think the way we did it ended up being less expensive (I think the dual system was like $250).

You can't run two videos in the same room at the same time, even on different channels, as they do interfere and you either get static or screaming. At least the ones we tried did.

mothers of multiple children?




lcplyr7


Was it easier for you to lose the baby weight after the first baby or the second baby? If it was easier the second time around what did you do differently? Also, what are the age differences between the first and second child?
You go mommy of 4! It takes a good woman to have two sets of twins!!!



Answer
I have never had a weight issue. I have three and I am still a size two...

Here is what I normally do.

Okay...I only started five Mondays ago and All I do is walk one hour every morning. I wear a calorie counter monitor to loose weight by the numbers. I have already lost two pant size and 27 pounds. I am a woman and have three kids and this is the method I use when I gain weight.. I am now at a size two and everyone is always amazed that I have had three kids. This is what I do below when I throw on a few extra pounds. It always works..No diet pills, no energy drinks..just me walking and getting the water I need. Of course I watch what I eat and the Lean Cuisine meals are great for that since the calories per box are 180 to 380 per box. Just make sure you eat healthy every three to four hours so your body will perform at its max.


Here it is:

Helpful Tips for weight loss:

1)A good way to loose weight is to use a calorie counter watch

Keep to a 1,200 food intake

Add 1,200 plus 3,500 (equals one pound of fat) ...and that is the total amount of calories you need to burn each day. Its actually really easy once you start watching the numbers and it doesn't seem like work or exercise. Its just a matter of changing the way you think about loosing weight.

I use this method when i gain some pounds. The first time I did this I went from 168 to 127

2) Most people do not get enough water in their system. Water is your body's principal chemical component, comprising, on average, 60 percent of your weight. Every system in your body depends on water. For example, water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells and provides a moist environment for ear, nose and throat tissues.

Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you don't have enough water in your body to carry out normal functions. To determine if you are getting enough water use this simple formula.. Take your weight, for example 150 pounds and divide by 2. Take your answer which is 75 lbs and change it to ounces, in this case 75 ounces. That is how many ounces of water you need a day. Your body performs mostly on water. If you make sure you get enough water everyday your body will perform at top notch and your body will no longer have the cravings of junk food. You will have a better performing body system to help you work out and feel better thru out your day.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Multiple Children / Multiple Baby Monitors?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment