Sunday, April 28, 2013

At what age should a newborn begin sleeping in the nursery?

Q. My daughter is 8 days old and has been sleeping in a bassinet beside our bed. How long should she sleep in the bassinet in the master bedroom before she can begin to sleep in the nursery? In case it matters, the nursery is across the hall from the master bedroom on the second floor of my house and we have baby monitoring video/audio equipment and we have the pads that prevent her from rolling over onto her stomach.

A. The people who are answering (so far) are giving you their opinions. But the AAP safe sleep guidelines (SIDS prevention) recommend that a baby be in the parents' room for 6 months or more. This is so that she can monitor your (more mature) sleep patterns. It as nothing to do with 'safety equipment" which can not substitute for a parents' presence.


What is the best video/audio monitor to buy?
Q. I am looking to buy a video baby monitor through walmart. I am looking at the Graco iMonitor Baby Video Monitor, the Summer Infant 900 MHz 2.5" Color Handheld Video Monitor, and the MobiCam Ultra Wireless Color Video Monitor System. I have read reviews on all of them and have compared all of the features but still do not know which one would be best. Can anyone give me any input please? Thanks!!!!!!

A. Hi! Well since no one else answered your question I just thought to give some input from my experience. Perhaps you haven't yet had your baby? I was the very same way. I went out and planned every last product to put into my nursery: $200 bassinette, expensive travel system, breast pump set, sounds n lights baby monitor (fisher-price) etc. He won't sleep in the bassinette, the travel system is nice but the stroller that went with it is so big and bulky and so inconvenient and heavy to unload that I never us it. I used the breast pump only a few times because my milk didn't come in properly. The monitor is rarely used because I carry the baby with me everywhere in the house (in his carrier) but sometimes when I have the right batteries for it, I use it when I am outside visiting neighbors. I guess my point in saying all of this is that I think you should wait until the baby comes and you know for sure what will work for you and also you won't waste a lot of time and money on stuff that you regret and never use.


What is a recommended digital baby monitor to buy?
Q. I am looking for a good digital baby monitor for my baby. I want something that is cheap and good for the price. I also want something where the sound is crystal clear. Please recommend some good ones that I can buy.

A. You can consider buying
1)Levana BABYVIEW20 Interference Free Digital Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Night Light Lullaby Camera
*Digital video and audio signals between camera and monitor are secure and interference free
*Rechargeable monitor comes with ENERGY STAR qualified adapter
*Night vision allows you to monitor your child around the clock
*Standby mode allows you to turn off the monitor's screen and be alerted only when your child makes noise
*The camera helps soothe your child with lullabies and a built-in night light
http://www.amazon.com/Levana-BABYVIEW20-Interference-Digital-Wireless/dp/B001FB567U/?tag=bdd-linking-001-20

Hey you can visit below link you can find more options here :
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=digital+baby+monitor+&ih=1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0.996_1&fsc=-1&tag=bdd-linking-001-20





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: At what age should a newborn begin sleeping in the nursery?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment