Thursday, May 2, 2013

Baby monitor with web connection where the in home monitor will work even if my internet goes down?

Q. I am looking for a reliable video baby monitor that I can view on my computer at work, but that is independent in that it will continue to work as a monitor even if my internet connection goes down.
I already found one , the Sassy Web Watch Video Monitor, so I know they exist. I am looking for more options...

A. I think you are a bit in the future. Internet connections have to come from somewhere. Do you know how expensive a camera with its own internet connection would be? My home comcast goes down. My cell phone's 3G goes down. Even if you get a dedicated T1 line to your house it can and will still have down time.

Usually holes in the internet services are less then a minute long. While I realize a lot can happen in 1 minute, I doubt your nanny will be wonderful the whole day then magically know the net is down and start beating your kid.


I am looking for a wifi based webcam with a handheld receiver to use as a baby monitor. Any recommendations?
Q. I want to use a wifi based camera as a baby video monitor to eliminate interference and the possibility of others being able to see our house on their monitor. However, I don't want to have to view the webcam on my computer, I want a handheld monitor instead. Has anyone used something like this?

A. This one should do you just fine

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3516396&CatId=130


What Should I Get My Sister For Her Baby Shower?
Q. My sister is pregnant with her first child, and despite economic times I really wanted to get her something nice and memorable. I was thinking of a video baby monitor with a camera and television screen, so she could actually see what was going on with her child. I was also thinking of getting her one of those digital video cameras to tape some memories of her kid, parents love that.

I think each gift would be nice, but I don't know what would be a good one for me to get. What do you think would be a good gift?

A. Something practical would be nice. Honestly, out of the two options you gave I would go with the latter. I basic monitor works just as well (heck, if she lives in tight quarters, she might not even need one. Believe me, a baby will make sure you can hear it cry). Something like a baby swing would be nice, also. Or a bunch of things she will need like diapers, baby wipes, different baby medicines, etc.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Baby monitor with web connection where the in home monitor will work even if my internet goes down?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment