Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Does anyone know where I can find a blood pressure monitor with an infant sized cuff?

Q. Automatic or manual (that comes with a stethoscope), that isn't ridiculous expensive, like less than $100? I have a 5mo old with very high blood pressure. I've looked everywhere :(

A. Wal-Mart has one that is wrist size. It is adjustable and might work. I have one and it is very accurate. It is an Omron 962 and is on the pharmacy aisle, about $63 including tax. You can buy a stethoscope at some pharmacies, don't think Wal-Mart has those, but some pharmacies have them for about $30.

If your baby has very high BP, you should take him to the ER and let the people in the hospital get his BP under control. You don't want him to have a stroke or heart attack.

Don't buy any other model even though they might be cheaper, they are not reliable. I have had 2 other models and they gave crazy readings, not reliable. If you decide to try it, be sure you only get the Omron 962. I have found it to be accuate. I also have an Omron that I use on my upper arm and have checked it with the one my doctor uses and it is accurate. My wrist Omron also gives the same readings.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does anyone know where I can find a blood pressure monitor with an infant sized cuff?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment