Sunday, August 18, 2013

At what age did you stop using the tick alarm on your angel care baby monitor?

best baby monitor movement
 on Best Baby Movement Monitor Reviews 2013
best baby monitor movement image



<3 my baby


I have been using the angel care monitor with the tick alarm. Its a sensor to monitor the baby's breathing. My baby is now 6 months old and is starting to move all around her crib and when she gets in a corner the monitor doesn't pick up her movement and the alarm goes off. I am considering if i want to stop using it but I am scared of SIDS...


Answer
Most SIDS cases occur before the baby is 4 months old, after 6 months they're "out of the woods", then after 12 months they're okay. It's up to you, 6 months seems like the reasonable time to stop using it, but I can totally understand your concern - you're a mum and you worry like every other one of us.

Whenever you choose to stop using it, you'll wake up every 2 hours and listen to hear them breathing - like me! Lol.

When should I start letting my baby sleep in her nursery by herself at night?




Kat:)


My baby is currently nine weeks old, and sleeps in our bedroom in her bassinet. She just now has started sleeping through the night from 9-6. When should I put her in her nursery? When is it safest?


Answer
I don't understand why Tilly's question got a thumbs down.

Does that mean I'm a bad mum?

For my first, I had him in my room for 2 weeks. He then went into his own room in the bassinette, then at 4 weeks he moved to the cot.

For my second it was 2 days. My milk came in, then he was in his own room in the bassinette. I think he was only 7 days old when he moved to the cot.

For my third I think she was in the cot for her night sleeps from day 1. She was in the bassinette during her 'awake times' for the first 2 weeks, then after that I put her on a playmat on the floor.

Our nursery shares a wall with our bedroom. You walk out of our bedroom turn right, then you're face to face with the cot. I can hear every movement the child makes, and just to be sure, I used a baby monitor that could tell the temperature as well.
We sleep with our doors open too.

I have 3 children, and honestly, sleep is very important. I couldn't sleep while the baby was in our room because every time he/she changed breathing patterns I'd wake up and worry something was wrong.
For some people the 'separation' is better, makes them more relaxed around bub during the day etc. But for others, 4-6 months is normal to still be sleeping in the same room, or even co-sleeping in the same bed.

It's entirely up to you when you want to move your baby into the nursery. If you're not ready, then you should wait a while longer. If you are, then do it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: At what age did you stop using the tick alarm on your angel care baby monitor?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment