Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Can someone use a video baby monitor to see inside my apartment?

best baby monitor for apartments
 on Best Baby Monitor Video Blog: Smartcare X Xeon Indoor/Outdoor Wireless ...
best baby monitor for apartments image



paparazzi_


I have a video baby monitor that has excellent range, but it got me thinking, couldn't someone buy the same monitor and switch to the same channel and see inside my apartment if they wanted to?

I have the "Summer Infant Day & Night Handheld Color Video Monitor" and I know it can work with an extra camera (if I bought one)... so in theory, couldn't that work for my neighbors too?



Answer
It may be possible my sister discovered she has the same baby monitor as her neighbour. One night she just put my niece to bed went and layed down and went to sleep. She woke up a few hours later by this time is was about 1am and her husband was in bed as well now. When all of a sudden she heard a low man laugh coming from the monitor she woke up her husband half screaming and told him to get the baby. He got up realising something was wrong and ran into the nursery and picked up my niece and bought her into their bedroom. They couldn't find the source of the noise and so the baby was in her room for the rest of the night. Then my brother-in-law was talking to them the next morning and they discovered they have the same baby monitor and they can hear them sometimes too and they freaked out when they first discovered it. I'm guesssing that the video one's though would be different because they have the camera but anything is possible, perhaps you could ring the company and ask them about it.

What kinds of baby monitors are available for deaf parents?




candy177


I've looked a little bit online and found a monitoring system where you basically hook your whole house into this receiver (phone, doorbell, alarm clock, baby monitor etc) that comes with light functions and a vibrating disk to put under the mattress. The baby monitor is sold separately and can be hooked up either way also. Together, all of this costs about $225-250. Do they have cheaper systems? In the 2 years that my husband and I have been together, we've never really seen the need to get anything like this for the phone and such...and since we have an apartment, we don't have a doorbell anyway.

Reason being - my husband is hearing impaired and we're thinking of having a baby in the next year and a half or so...I just want to be prepared. :) I don't think the little Fisher Price monitors that vibrate would be strong enough to wake him if I was at work...



Answer
Try this website www.alldeaf.com.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can someone use a video baby monitor to see inside my apartment?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment