Sunday, August 11, 2013

I'm not sure which baby monitor to get? First time mum and I worry a lot, please help!?

best baby monitor bt 150
 on We Selected Best Baby Monitor for You
best baby monitor bt 150 image



dizzi


I'm due in October and am just looking for a baby monitor. I have read that the Tommee Tippee and Angelcare (not sure which models) both with sensor pads, and the BT 150 are good. I'm not sure about the sensor pads, I have heard they give a lot of false alarms, plus I don't want to be too paranoid. I know they can be useful for premature babies or those with health conditions, but what about full term healthy babies, is there any need?
Thanks in advance for your help.



Answer
If you are already a worrier the more things your monitor "checks", the more things you're going to worry about. When the breathing monitor isn't going off you'll wonder if it's really working, with video you'll spend your day watching the monitor.

I would suggest a good quality audio monitor with 2 receivers. What will work best for you depends on where you live, in an apartment complex, a house, near an airport...etc.

If you don't have to worry about interference then a model like the Fisher Price "Lights and Sounds" is a great choice. Always rated highly and about $40. It's the model I've used for over 3 years with no problems. If intereference could be a problem, skip the 900 MHz models and go with one in the 2.45 a 2.54 GHz range. The prices are almost the same, and with the 2.xx GHz models you're pretty much guaranteed no interference.

A couple of good choices in that range are the First Years "True Choice digital monitor" ($80), and the Graco "I-vibe" ($90). Both have 2 receivers so you can leave one in your bedroom, and have one to carry around.

Hope this helps,

Alan

37 weeks pregnant - blood pressure question?




Sarah B &


I'm 37 weeks today, and have suffered with high blood pressure all the way through this pregnancy starting at 8 weeks when i went to hospital with severe headaches and blurred vision - my bp was about 160/100 then and the drs were in 2 minds whether to medicate or not but decided not to and just to monitor me more closely tham a normal pregnancy.

My bp has remained continously around 140-150 over 80/90 since then, and the midwifes always comment at every appointment that it is high, but never seem to do anything about it - just record in my notes that it is high. I have an appointment today and i am going to ask how high it has to go before they will do anything as i am worrying myself that i'm going to develop pre-eclampsia or something. The highest it has been in the last few weeks is 159/90. My sister in law is also a nurse and she is surprised that my midwives haven't suggested inducing me now i am full-term?

Anyone have experience of high bp at 37 weeks? What ended up happening? Do you think induction is a possibility if my bp stays up like this or is 159/90 not that high?

Thankyou xx



Answer
a am surprised that they are not monitoring u more closely!? my blood pressure started to creep up in the last few weeks and the one time my GP got a High reading..like yours she brought me back later that day to make sure it went down otherwise she was going sending me straight to the hospital! but honestly the only treatment for it (without meds) is lot s of rest!!!i know ur nesting Instinct is prob going mad and u wanna clean and organise everything in prep for ur baby...but u really need to rest...sit wit ur feet up as much as possible! at ur next hospital appointment they may well do a membrane sweep to try kick u into labour...uncomfortable but may well work!they did one on me at 37 weeks bt didn't work...she stuck in there and arrived exactly on her due date!! maybe suggest this to them!? share u concerns with ur doctor and see wat they re thinking...don't stress it wil only make it worse!!!!! you will need all your energy for labour, so get lots of rest!
it will settle down and go back to normal shortly after birth!
take care and good luck cause itall happens so fast!!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm not sure which baby monitor to get? First time mum and I worry a lot, please help!?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment