Sunday, September 22, 2013

When should I start letting my baby sleep in her nursery by herself at night?

best baby monitor movement
 on Best Baby Movement Monitor Reviews 2013
best baby monitor movement image



Kat:)


My baby is currently nine weeks old, and sleeps in our bedroom in her bassinet. She just now has started sleeping through the night from 9-6. When should I put her in her nursery? When is it safest?


Answer
I don't understand why Tilly's question got a thumbs down.

Does that mean I'm a bad mum?

For my first, I had him in my room for 2 weeks. He then went into his own room in the bassinette, then at 4 weeks he moved to the cot.

For my second it was 2 days. My milk came in, then he was in his own room in the bassinette. I think he was only 7 days old when he moved to the cot.

For my third I think she was in the cot for her night sleeps from day 1. She was in the bassinette during her 'awake times' for the first 2 weeks, then after that I put her on a playmat on the floor.

Our nursery shares a wall with our bedroom. You walk out of our bedroom turn right, then you're face to face with the cot. I can hear every movement the child makes, and just to be sure, I used a baby monitor that could tell the temperature as well.
We sleep with our doors open too.

I have 3 children, and honestly, sleep is very important. I couldn't sleep while the baby was in our room because every time he/she changed breathing patterns I'd wake up and worry something was wrong.
For some people the 'separation' is better, makes them more relaxed around bub during the day etc. But for others, 4-6 months is normal to still be sleeping in the same room, or even co-sleeping in the same bed.

It's entirely up to you when you want to move your baby into the nursery. If you're not ready, then you should wait a while longer. If you are, then do it.

Are there any good baby monitors out there?




Finn


We are looking for a good, secure, low static monitor for our upcoming arrival. We also have a older son who we still use a monitor for, but that monitor is going out. Anyone have a two room system, or use two seperate monitors? If so what brands work well together?


Answer
We use the Angelcare Sight, Sound, and Movement Monitor. It's definitely pricey but wonderful because aside from having the breathing and movement detected, we can also see what's going on. When we did use only a sound monitor, we ran into our son's room with every sound he made (except he makes lots of sounds in his sleep, even cries out in his sleep), so with this we can look and see if he's awake or asleep before going in his room. Plus there's a talkback feature on it, so if he's really fussing when he wakes up, we can assure him over the monitor as we walk to his room. It is a secure monitor and on the quiet side. It also has a voice activation feature, but I'm not crazy about it because sound (even voice) cuts in and out with it. Either way, you can barely hear the white noise it lets off without the voice activation feature.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: When should I start letting my baby sleep in her nursery by herself at night?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment