Saturday, September 28, 2013

Where should a newborn baby sleep?

best baby monitor choice
 on ... 28460 Best View Choice Digital Color Video Baby Monitor New | eBay
best baby monitor choice image



Captain


I wanted to get your opinion on where the baby should sleep, and why.

I feel like the baby should sleep in his/her room, with a baby monitor, so he/she grows accustom to it. Sure, it probably is a pain to get up and walk down the hall a few times a night. But doesn't it promote better sleeping habits?

My boyfriend thinks he/she should sleep in the room with us, in a bassinet, so he/she is close to us for safety and convenience. Won't the baby eventually expect to sleep in the room with us?



Answer
In your room.. in a bassinet or a co-sleeper. My son hated his bassinet so we got him the Snuggle Nest adult bed co-sleeper that is placed right inside your bed.. he loved it and slept there until he was 3 months. He had no problem transitioning into his crib either. He likes his crib. I am not into the Pack N Play choice for a place to sleep at night.. it is meant to be packing for playing or for a quick nap, not to be used as a bed. It's uncomfortable in my opinion. Best Wishes. ;-)

What would you say would be the essentials to register for - for your baby shower?




Pregnant w


What did you use most, what did you baby like, every answer is appreciated!
First time mom to be!



Answer
Well I always feel it is the parents responsibility to get the big things like the nursary furnature but some items to register for would be:

Moby Wrap or sling
diaper bag
bottles (if you plan to use them)
boppy pillow (I dont breastfeed but my daughter loves to be propped up on it to look around and for tummy time)
swing (my biggest lifesaver!)
playpen (I dont use it much yet because she is still young, but now that she is learning to roll it comes in handy)
humidifier (I use the Carne kind from babies r us...looks like a ducky)
your obvious blankets, towels, clothing (I suggest asking for slightly bigger clothing as people tend to get neworn or 0-3 months and your baby may not fit these things long. My daughter was never in newborn and she outgrew most 0-3 month items by 7 weeks old)
carseat (I dont know if you plan on getting a travel system or a converstable carseat. I got a travel system and I am already planning to sell it...shes 12 weeks old. I find the stroller too bulky...I use a Moby instead and I find the infant carseat a royal pain in the butt. Some people love it however and use the carseat to sit the baby in so this will be personal choice)
baby monitor if your home is big enough to need one

another suggestion I have is to register for things you wont need right away but will later. I find so many people ask for all the "now" stuff then have nothing for months down the road. Thinks like a high chair or booster, clothing for later (light sleepers and onsies are used in all seasons so it wont matter what season your child fits 6,9 or 12 month clothes) feeding bowls and spoons (I have a bowl with a handle...its great because she cant bat it out of my hands) sippy cups, potty treaining seat or toilet.....things like that.
playmat (another huge lifesaver)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where should a newborn baby sleep?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment