Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Can you recommend a baby monitor (preferably a video monitor) that works from very long distances?

best baby monitor distance
 on Best Baby Monitors - Pregnancy - Baby Registry
best baby monitor distance image



Linds


We just moved into a new house where our master bedroom is completely on the opposite side of the house from our son's room. The moniter that we have now works only sporadically (most of the time it flashes "out of range"). I really need one that will work well! It probably doesn't help that our bedroom is converted from the old garage, so there are literally 2 brick walls between our room and our son's room. Please help! Thank you!


Answer
I have a Mobi and it works great in my house. My house isn't huge but I can be upstairs and my daughter's room is downstairs on the other side of the house and it is clear. During the day the pic is in color, but turns to black and white at night. The only static has been when we have it too close to our remote controls and cell phones. It will get fuzzy but we move the items and it is fine.

Not sure if it will work between brick walls, but I have been out in our garage on my treadmill and had no problem.


http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobicam-Baby-Nursery-AV-Monitor/10263832

I have a raccoon and 6-8 tiny babies in my tenants attic more?

Q. I know I have to get a trap and cover the entrance. My concern is relocating the mama and babies safely. They are very tiny newborns but my tenant wants them out NOW.
I can bring them to my house near woods but how will the mama find a new nest?
The last 2 answers are both good, thanks so much. I'll let the voters decide.
Oh and BTW, where I live the wildlife rehab center can no longer take raccoons.
So I asked the tenant if I could put a light and radio up there and hope mama relocates them herself.


Answer
There is a humane way to deal with this.

1. The mother raccoon will be in the nest all day, sleeping and nursing. Now is the time to search for and locate all possible entrances and exits from the attic space. Gather all the things you might need to completely seal those entrances. Create a nesting box: a safe box, animal carrier, something with a soft blanket, a heat lamp or heated pad under the cage/box for the babies when you move them. (if the weather is cold, if not, just enough blankets for them to snuggle in may be enough)
2. The mother will go out in the evening to forage. Now you can gather the babies and put them in the newly acquired nesting box. If they do not have their eyes open, they will also not be able to hear, and they will give you no trouble when picking them up. Leave this box, and the babies inside and right by the entrance that you have sealed. The mother will come and take the babies to a new nesting site. Monitor this box, if the mother has not returned to retrieve the babies within 24 hours, please take them all to a wild animal rehabilitation center, where they can be raised and released.

Raccoons are highly intelligent and opportunistic. They often have several safe places of rest, not just your attic. Do not tangle with an adult, they are very fierce and protective of the young. Try to remain a reasonable distance away from the babies, so that she will feel safe coming to get them.

There are some companies that will do this for you, although I hear horrible stories of their inhumane practises IE: kill the mother, and let the babies starve. It will likely be expensive as well, since they will have to monitor the nesting box, and deal with the young if mother should not return for whatever reason.

It is illegal to re-locate a raccoon, you risk moving them into a territory that is already inhabited by a raccoon family. This will cause the death of both the mother and the young.

Raccoons get a bad rap in my view. They are misunderstood, considered pests. How is it a raccoon's fault that humans are unable to control their own garbage? Please treat them with respect and consideration. They are deserving of a little compassion.

EDIT: Please wear gloves, raccoons can carry some nasty diseases, easily passed to humans and domestic pets. Usually through feces, so wash, with bleach all items that have come in contact with the nest and babies.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can you recommend a baby monitor (preferably a video monitor) that works from very long distances?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment