Monday, December 9, 2013

Are you in foster care? Do people treat you like garbage for being a foster kid? Did people stereotype you?

best baby monitor for geeks
 on ... Wireless Baby Monitor for $70 with free shipping (next best is $94
best baby monitor for geeks image



MingChong1


I used to be in foster care in almost all my life. I'm 24 now. I'm asking in the Teen section since many kids end up in foster care by their teen years.

Being a foster kid, I was always PUNISHED & overly sheltered. The foster family figured I needed to be MONITORED 24/7, even after I turned 18. They were very abusive, & they damaged my self-esteem by telling me that they should've left my nasty, filthy, dirty butt where they found me. I was only a couple of months old! Would you expect a 2-month old baby to take a bath? No. Why are they making it like it's MY fault I was dirty?

My birth family is & was abusive too. My birth family have no respect for me since they didn't know me all their lives, but somehow both the foster & biological family treat my twin sister better because she strives for popularity & I was the geek. My biological niece told me that she doesn't give a $hit about me because I had just recently came into her life.
Everyone hates me! What's your experience?



Answer
Goto the Adoption Section. There are several of us from Foster Care there.

I was in care from age 7 until I aged out at 18. It sucked. I lived in many homes and group homes and no one cared about me. My bio-parents had their rights terminated fairly quickly because they were abusive people. No one adopted me, they just kept moving me and telling me I was bad. Some foster homes were just as bad as my bio-parents. Most only wanted me for the $$ or so I could do stuff for them. I only had one family that was really interested in me and they moved and left me to be bounced to another foster home.

Now as an adult, I am a mess. At 18, I was kicked out of the system with nothing. No money, no family, no education. I did not get on my feet until I was about 26. And now, I still have lots of problems.

I think alot of foster kids get told all bad shit about them. Because no one really cares about us. Everyday I wish I was dead...

In real life, I never tell anyone I was a foster kid. They say "What is wrong with you?" or "What did you do?"....like a little kid did something to get into foster care??????

I am sorry for you. It is good to be a geek. You can make something of yourself! Don't let them get to you.

Send me a note if you want to talk...

Which speakers should I get (Comparing two speakers) Experienced DJ's come here!?




Dennisz Pr


Hello fellow experienced DJ's and other audio geeks..

I'm a DJ, that has been DJing for several years..However, my gigs are usually in stages that have professional 30,000 watt systems built in, and no speakers are required..But I wanna start mobile DJing for parties, and weddings and such. My budget is some-what low for the beginning, but i'll be building up money to buy some quality gear!

I'm stuck in a conclusion right now, and I'm debating which speakers to get.
I'm getting them in set of (2) and you'll see my budget once you check these links out.

http://amzn.com/B0013C7ICC
or
http://amzn.com/B001XWD3LC

Now, I'm a big car audio junky, and I know when it comes to the name 'pyle' the first thing that comes into my mind is 'Pyle of sh*t.'
BUT WAIT. These speakers have great reviews, and I heard a lot of good things about these!
But the question is, will they be loud enough for a party of under 100 people? Or maybe under 50 people?

Now, my second look is the Behringers! Yes, German bands! My favorite!
They're known for the best PA speakers ever made! But, are these actually gonna be loud enough? I feel like these are more for 'monitors' and etc. These also look a lot better, but the thing that matters is..is it loud enough?

Lastly, I know a lot of people are gonna mention a 'amplifier.' Well, I already own a 1,000 Watt RMS Amplifier, that can power these babies..and I also have a 12" Kenwood Subwoofer with 400 Watt RMs power rating, and 1,200 Watt Peak.

I'm looking for the best opinion on the speaker, or maybe link me another speaker that is $130 or less?

Thanks so much everyone!



Answer
Holy crap! 800watts/1600peak? Enough to BLOW AWAY 100 people, lol :)

The general rule of thumb (Ive research this a lot as I DJ at weddings etc) is about 4watts per person.
100 people = 400 watts.

The Pyle have 2 woofers, lower to the ground. the behringer only has 1, and the behringer will be used high up on a stand (thats what they were intended for), so there isnt going to be much bass unless hooked up with your subwoofer. So the Pyle will have more bass out of the box.

However both the Pyle and Behringers are 8ohm. This will not get as much power from the amp, many amps push out the most power at 4ohms (some even run on 2ohms but these are more rare).

At 8ohms of speaker resistance you will get about half the rated full power from an amp.
And you DO NOT want the amp to be running at 100%, maybe 75%, so if the amp is 1000w continuous, then it might be 2x500@4ohms / 2x250@8ohms, and you want to be using it at about 75% to avoid it dying or killing your speakers, so youd be getting about 180-200watts per channel.

I repeat, If you strain your amp to try and drive bigger speakers, this is more risk to the amp of overheating/clipping, and clipping can mean blown speakers (doesnt matter how high their rating). Despite what many believe, it is better to have an amp that is bigger than the speakers, but only use it at at lower volumes, keeps the sound clear, avoids clipping, and keeps the amp running cool.

With 8 ohm speakers, you can wire them up in parallel to create 4ohms resistance to the amp (less resistance) which means the amp can push out more power, but I would advise against this until you have done lots of research and understand how it all works. Doing this, you could wire up 2 speakers (or more) on a channel of the amp, lowering the resistance and getting more power (spread across the speakers of course). Ideally, if your subwoofer is an 8ohm, buy another one of 8ohm, and wire them up with the speakers in parallel mode.
So with 2 x 8ohm subs and 2 x 8ohm speakers, the subs (any decent ones anyway) have a high level cutoff, meaning they play the bass sounds, and only output the mid/high frequencies to the speakers, meaning better quality sound as the speakers are only playing certain frequencies.
SO, if the subs have mid/high outputs for speakers:
you wire the amp channel 1 to sub 1, and wire sub 1 to speaker 1.
you wire the amp channel 2 to sub 2, and from sub 2 to speaker 2.

This would mean (if the amp is 2x500@4ohms) you are getting full power, divided by 4 speakers. So the sub is getting 250w each, and the speakers are getting 250w each. Again, do not drive the amp at full power!! This could damage the beringers (rated at 200w continous) and damage the amp by working it too hard, they are not intended for use at 100%, but you should use them with "headroom", eg a bigger amp to be used at lower volumes)
For 100 people you can drive the amp at say 50%, having about 500w total output, more than enough and still room for more volume if you did bigger gigs in future. Once you find yourself using it at 75%, time to start thinking of upgrades!

If you think this is a possibility of having lots more people in the near future, maybe go for the Pyle, but according to reviews, the build quality isn't that great! More chance of them being damaged, either by the amp/clipping or being moved around.

Research ohms, speakers and amps
http://www.prestonelectronics.com/audio/Impedance.htm
Complicated at first, I had to read a few times and read other articles on the net. Easy once you get the hang of it.

Tough choice and I dont want to tell you what you should be buying. Im just trying to give you the info you need to make an educated choice and to be aware of how much power you *actually* get (and need).
According to reviews, for the better built speakers are the Behringer.
But this doesnt have as much room for a bigger amp in future. If you wanted more watts, youd probably want more speakers. of course you could use the behringers as monitors, or just push more power to the subs and keep the behringers at around 200W.

If you go for the behringers, use them on stands (the mids and high frequencies are meant to be higher up so the people dont absorb the sound), and the subs on the floor, as bass travels through objects and you cant tell where bass is coming from very well).

1 last thing. If your sub is 4 ohm by any chance. You could use this on 1 channel of the amp, and wire up 2 x 8ohm speakers on the other channel to create 4 ohms on that side too, so the amp is pushing out against 4ohms on both channels, thus getting more power from it.

Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Are you in foster care? Do people treat you like garbage for being a foster kid? Did people stereotype you?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment