Thursday, December 19, 2013

Has anyone used a video baby monitor?

best baby monitor two kids
 on Baby Video Monitor Two Cameras | Twins | 2 Children | 2 Rooms
best baby monitor two kids image



Pregnant w


How do they work?
What are the pros and cons?
I am thinking about buying one that you can have two monitors and see two rooms at once and was wondering how many people prefer it.



Answer
Congrats on baby #2!

I couldn't live with out my video monitor!! I have the Summer Infant Day & Night Handheld Color Video Monitor. The picture is so clear both at night and during the day. I love being able to check on my baby with out waking her. I don't even have to get out of bed unless she really needs me! I think if I only had the audio, I would have been getting up a lot more often to investigate every sound, especially during the first few months. The handheld part has a button on top so you can turn off the video screen if the light bothers you at night. Then if you hear something you feel you need to check on, simply click the button and the video comes back on. I read the reviews for this product. Many people say they could not get a signal. I never had a problem. I also read that they can interfere with wi-fi. My husband is a web developer... he never would have allowed wi-fi interference!

I highly recommend this monitor to all my friends. The only con I can think of is that I have had to change the channel due to static. Seriously, it's a flick of a button and I've had to do it maybe 3 times in 7 months. No biggie! I know you can get an extra camera for this monitor, but I don't need one yet. Here is what one person commented: "We bought a second camera to go with the monitor we already had. I love being able to switch back and forth between my two kids' rooms. Only issue is if the monitor is too close to one camera, you can have interference when trying to check on the other one."

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265802

Hope this helps.

How do my husband and I agree on handling nighttime waking of baby?




Chrystal M


My husband decided last night at 3:00 a.m. that he was "tired of this sh*t" and turned our 10-month-old daughter's baby monitor off. I was furious. To me, that's making nighttime wakings totally my responsibility.

I already work 60-65 hours per week and have her with me at my business (own my own business). He says "it's time she slept through the night". Fine. I wish she would.

Right now she's teething and miserable and up 2-3 times a night for all of 5-7 minutes a time. Big deal, right? Well it's not a big deal unless you're the one doing it every night. Add that to having her all day at work and usually being the one feeding her dinner & bathing her. My husband gets home from work and helps a lot around the house but well after baby's bedtime so he rarely sees her during the week.

What in the world can we do to agree on this situation? How do I get him to understand he's putting it ALL on me.
I don't think you understand my question or maybe I didn't explain well: How do we agree on this -- I think we still need to respond to her cries. He thinks she's old enough to "cry it out" even if she is teething. I can't let her just lay there and cry, and now he wants to turn the monitor off. We HAVE to come to an understanding.

He's a wonderful help around the house, so please don't call him a lazy jerk who doesn't help. He does. His work schedule makes it hard for him to do things during the week with the baby.

How can we agree on how to handle her nighttime wakings, especially right now -- while she's teething?

I guess what I'm asking is this: When is it appropriate to let her cry it out? I think never. He thinks now. Alternatively, how do we get her to sleep through the night?

So many of our friends with babies younger than ours already have them sleeping through the night -- or they're lying to us and telling us they are :(



Answer
When my wife and I were both working we alternated nights. Now I stay home with the kids and I get up with our 10 month old every night, every time he gets up. I'm a little sleepy during the day but she has a lot more concentrating to do at work, than me at home.

I'll tell ya, up until a month and half ago, the 10 month old was miserable. Not going to sleep, up all night, then the doc taught me "the trick" and I could not be more thankful. When he is getting sleepy, he goes right in the crib, even if he is still awake. Then if he wakes up at all, I go in, put the pacifier back in, soothe him for a minute (just til he's not crying) and leave...wait a minute...if he's still fussing do it again...wait two minutes, and so on. It took about a week and a half, but now he goes right to sleep and rarely wakes up at night, it he does it is just long enough for me to put the pacifier back in.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Has anyone used a video baby monitor?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment