Friday, December 20, 2013

How do I take kittens away from their feral mother?

best baby monitor two cameras
 on Top and affordable baby video monitor with 2 cameras for twins 2014
best baby monitor two cameras image



Sophia Sim


Recently we've noticed a young looking tuxedo cat that goes underneath our shed a lot. My mom suggested that she was eating baby possums but I just told her to let the cat be. But lo and behold after about a month of this behavior two tabby kittens join the mother outside the shed. Our shed is in it's own separate location with fencing surrounding it so the kittens can't leave yet but the mother can. Anyway once we discovered that she had kittens underneath the shed we began to feed her and monitor them with a security camera, over the past few weeks we've been dedicated to the kittens. They are about 5-6 weeks old. Now on to the question. We really would like to take these kittens in but the mother is obviously too feral to domesticate but the kittens have potential. So what I'm asking is if it's okay to take the kittens without the mother? I would feel awful but then again I feel like the kittens would survive and thrive with us. The kittens are weaned because they eat the dry good we leave out for the mother. PLEASE ANSWER ASAP THEY ARE SOON OLD ENOUGH TO LEAVE THE ENCLOSURE. :(


Answer
Feral born kittens are not like kittens born to friendly house cats. The sooner you can get them away from mom, the better your chances of socializing them. By the time they are past 6 weeks or so, it becomes much harder as they are learning mom's wild ways. What you need to do though is borrow a humane trap from your local shelter, and trap mom, so that she can be spayed. Other wise she is going to present you with another litter in another couple of months, and one cat will soon turn into 20, then 40 - and then what?

Scared about transition from co sleep to crib?




Megan Reed


My son John is almost 3 months old and he sometimes will co sleep with my husband and me but we need our own space I'm just scared about putting him in his crib in his own room. Is this to early? We have a camera baby monitor so we see/hear him but I don't know if I'm ready. He does better at night and only gets up once. Should I just suck up my fear and try?


Answer
Not sure if by co sleeping you mean in your bed, or just in your room. If he's in your bed, he should not be in there. Then again my daughter slept in bed with me till she was a little over 1 year. If I tried putting her in her crib she would scream and cry bloody murder so it was easier to just let her back in the bed with me. After a year she one night decided she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed and she's been in her crib since (except when mommy wants snuggle time or feels lonely :) ) If he's just in your room, it's reccomended he's in there for AT LEAST 6 months. My daughter is 2 1/2 years and still sleeps in my room. It's just the two of us so I've found no need to separate.

To the negative commenter: Don't be afraid of normal parenting? Suck it up? He will be fine? I'm sure her situation is different form mine but some of us can't just "suck it up" when it comes to our kids health. My daughter is not allowed to have her own room due to the fact that her father wants us both dead.. so yeah, can't just suck that up. "Hey babe, lets put you in your own room so your father can kill you/steal you" Your a great parent. Lose the attitude, someone was asking for help, not negativity.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I take kittens away from their feral mother?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment