Thursday, June 5, 2014

Why has my baby stopped cooing and babbling?




Mlly


My baby just turned 4 months old. A few weeks ago she stopped babbling. She still smiles and laughs, has even belly-laughed a few times. She maintains eye-contact. She watches my mouth when I talk to her and moves her mouth like mine. If I talk or even whisper when I when I go into her room when it's time to get up from a nap, she wakes up, so I don't think hearing is a problem. Physically she is rolling over, grabs things very well, tries to stand up whenever she gets her hands around my fingers. She just doesn't seem interested in saying anything. Should I be worried? (because I am! :) ) Thanks!


Answer
No worries! Babies go through major developmental shifts, and sometimes that includes the sounds they make... sounds like she's just content to listen right now, which is great. The monitor for worry seems to be weight gain and happiness. If she's eating well and cheerful, what more could we ask for? :) Congrats on your beautiful little girl!

7 week old baby sleeps restless at night but fine during the day?




megan_79


I have a 7 week old. We have those video monitors. She is sleeping for longer periods at a time - anytime betwen 5 and 7 hours at a time at night, but it seems to be restless sleep. We have video monitors and I'm constantly being woken up because I hear her twisting, turning and moaning and I think she is on the verge of waking up, but she doesn't really. When she sleeps during the day, she seems so peaceful? At night, I turn on a "sound" maker - so it sounds like rain / white noise in her room. Again - she sleeps, but it seems like such restless sleep and I'm not sure why.


Answer
The sound machine is wonderful. A lot of babies seem restless at night. They babble, twist and turn, and move all over the crib. Really we don't know why. My thoughts are that they are dreaming. And working through things in their sleep. They are in the deeper REM sleep longer at night and therefore have more dreams. Think about it. You don't lie still in your sleep at night either.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why has my baby stopped cooing and babbling?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment