Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Do stretch marks start out silver or red?

Q. I am 26 weeks pregnant and terrified of stretch marks. This is my second pregnancy and I gained 36 pounds with the first and not one stretch mark. I have heard that its all genetics and my mother had 3 kids with me gaining from 106 to 176 and not one stretch mark. Still Im terrified. I feel bad enough about my body without adding a race track to it. I look my belly over every day and yesterday I noticed a mark that is clear or skin colored...Im thinking maybe this was somethign that was there that I just never noticed before? Do stretch marks start off silver or red? I am using cocoa butter 3 times a day and baby oil once a day and in my bath. I am also planning to buy bio oil because i have heard good things about this stuff. What else can I do? If I do get the stretch marks is there any laser treatment or surgey that can be done to remove them after the birth?

Thanks

A. yeah.. they are using red.. something light pinkish..

I have tried a few methods, either you can use the DIY method or try those proven

treatment creams out on the market.

Try to massage the area with the stretch marks about three or four times a day with

moisturizers that contain cocoa butter or shea butter as a prime ingredient. This

hydrates the skin, making it more pliant. Again, this is most effective only in the

initial stage.

If your stretch marks are already pass the initial stage (when they are red, purple,

pink, or brown, depending on the color of your skin) and become white or silver

(usually with deep indentation), then it would be far more difficult to minimize them,

but not entirely impossible to "remove" them. But before you begin searching for these

treatments, try to read more information on these topical treatments first.

Many are advertised to "repair" stretch marks, but few have actually been proven to be

effective. Here's some that are available on the market:

a) Wheat germ oil - may help improve stretch marks in their early phase.

b) Glycolic acid - increases collagen production; can be administered in higher doses

by a dermatologist (usually costs a few hundred bucks and requires a few visits before

you see results)

c) Vitamin C - certain formulations might increase collagen production, but they'll

only help with early-stage stretch marks; for best results, combine with glycolic acid.

d) Relastin - the effectiveness of this product is unknown and unverified.

e) Peptide-containing products - these "repair" creams are ineffective; there's no

evidence that they work.

f) Retinoids - they're fairly effective in increasing collagen and elastic production

in the early stages, but they should be avoided if you're pregnant or nursing; they're

more effective when used in combination with glycolic acid.

I would recommend treatments that are using "100% natural ingredients" such as aloe

vera. Aloe vera has been shown in clinical studies to have a positive effect on wound

healing and holds anti-inflammatory properties.

As stretch marks start out as microscopic tears in skin layers due to overstretching of

the dermis, aloe vera helps heal these small wounds without causing scar tissue to

form, effectively preventing the appearance of stretch marks. Aloe vera has been used

for thousands of years by the Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, Arabs, Indians and Chinese to

decrease the appearance of scars and to moisturize and heal skin. The extracts from the

aloe leaf protects skin from environmental factors and promotes skin regeneration. My

friend recommended me this and I have been using for a few weeks now, have shown some

positive results but I am monitoring the progress. since the product have a 90 days

return policy.

Feel free to check out my blog here for more information:
http://cureforstretchmarks.blogspot.com

Take care... ^(@___@)^


My balcony has become a pigeon "resort" and I'm just not that hospitable...?
Q. In the coldest months of the winter, I noticed that a pigeon had layed 2 eggs on my 11th floor balcony - overlooking Lake Erie. Admittedly, it was an interesting family arrangement. 4 birds actually sat on the eggs - a coal black one, a pure white one, one of the typical grey/white one, and one that was the most beautiful aqua you've ever seen. Well, I've not seen birds have babies since I was a little girl and how would I turn them out (and where??) in 0 degree weather? I knew eventually new life would hatch through, learn to fly and the entire group of surrogate mothers and babies would be gone forever. Now, they had made their "nest" out of very petite 6" twigs in a pot of soil that had been left on the balcony after gardening season was over - just like I've done for 5 years - but this was the first time I'd found myself monitoring a true nursery. True to form, the eggs hatched, actually quite adorable birds were born, they grew healthy and strong (who wouldn't with 4 mommies feeding them) and FINALLY they learned to fly and were gone. NOW, here's the problem - the pigeons (adults) just keep coming back every day, 4-5 times a day and I don't want the problems they bring with them. Can someone give me a DIY humane answer to my DIM (did it myself) charity?

A. Did you move the pot of dirt and the pile of twigs?

Rottweiler tied to the balcony works. (Tie him securely so he doesn't jump after the birds!)

Motion detector that turns a light or something on to startle the birds.

Cat helps - same precautions with dog. But cats don't like harnesses too much.

Frequent shushing the birds away. By the way do you leave any food remnants out there?

Moth balls might repel them.

Hangy dangly things might deter the birds.

Good luck.


I am purchasing two juvenile beardies, What size tank should I get, so I dont have to buy another for a bit?
Q. I am purchasing two juvenile beardies, What size tank should I get, so I dont have to buy another for a bit...I dont want to have to use my 20 high tank for like 1 month and then buy a new one..
I'm assuming that you guys mean by two of the same cage, and seperate them, so they wont be together -.-, I'm getting a male and female btw..so i didnt really wanna seperate them..Can you buy that tank? or Make it yourself

A. you can make the tank yourself - i made a tank for my bosc monitor out of an old tv cabinet!

beardies grow quite fast, so you'd probably be better off getting a big one, but as babies are a bit 'stupid' they can get lost in a big tank and die from like lack of food and water and stuff..
4ft x 2ft is the minimum size for two adult beardies, so if you got one that big you could just put a divider in it to make it smaller for the babies - say a piece of cardboard or something.

there are loads of instructions for diy tanks, but it really is easier to either buy or reuse old furniture.

good luck!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do stretch marks start out silver or red?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment