Friday, April 19, 2013

What is the best baby monitor out there?

Q. Im going to be a first time mom & my baby's nursery is on a different floor in my house. Im looking for the best portable baby monitor, possibly a picture one. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

A. I would go for a basic sound only monitor. When I was setting up my nursery we bought a motion and sound monitor. I found it to be useless for a new born as the baby was too small to set it off. It needed an adult or something bigger to set it off as it needed big movements (a hand waving in front of it.) I have one by fisher price that came with 2 speakers and the base. It is really good and picks up all sounds (it is so sensitive that it picks up the grand father clock chiming in the dinning room!) I love it. It only cost us about $80 from baby target.


What baby monitor would you recommend for a newborn? I am leaning toward the kind with the video screen. Help
Q. I need to purchase a baby monitor soon, and would like to hear some pros and cons. I am really liking the idea of the type with camera and monitor to actually 'watch' the baby too, but what brands are best? Thanks for any advice!

A. i have the Angelcare Deluxe Movement Monitor and it is the most amazing thing ever it tells you the temp in babys room has a night light and monitors babys breathing and if there is none for 15sec a warning beep goes off and after 20 the thing goes crazy. I love it. I dont worry about sids and have been able to sleep much more then with my 1st.

look at this http://www.angelcare-monitor.com/english/hispeed/intro.html
it lets you kind of demo it online.


What is the best baby monitor?
Q. We're welcoming a new edition in a few weeks and we have everything ready to go except the baby monitor. We live in a one story home and I would only need the monitor for when the baby's sleeping. All the bedrooms are on the same side of the house but I always take extra precautions. Thanks so much!

A. We got an Angelcare movement monitor and I swear by it. I'm a very anxious mom and it helped me get some sleep! Knowing that an alarm would go off if he stopped breathing was the only thing that stopped me from checking in on the baby 10 times a night. ;)

edit: The monitor was suggested by my son's neonatal surgeon, as he was premature...





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best baby monitor out there?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment