Sunday, May 5, 2013

Why does WIFI lose quality and speed the longer you stay on?

Q. Seriously, I'm computer retarded and just wondering why it does that. It goes from 54mb/sec to 10 or less sometimes.

A. If you speed is dropping then it is nothing to do with how long you have been connected it must be down to another problem.

Generic advice for improving wif reception [you give no info on the router or what device you are connecting with]

To start with the basic rule is to position the wifi router as high and as centrally as possible in your house.

1] Try changing the broadcast channel from the wireless setup interface for your router/modem.You can normally access this by typing "http://192.168.0.1/" into your browsers search bar and then look for the wireless settings menu.
You don't say if your router can use the 5GHz frequency or just the 2.4GHz. The best channels in the 2.5GHz spectrum are 1,6, 11, or 13 as they have less overlap with the other channels.

There is a useful article here about how to get the best performance by selecting the best channel.: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/21132/cha…

If you have an android smarthphone, or a friend does, then install the Wifi Analyzer app free from android market and use it to scan for the best channel and change your routers broadcast channel accordingly. This app will aslo show you all the wifi signals in range that your neighbours are using, so you can select a different channel to them, making a stronger signal for you. https://market.android.com/details?id=co…


2] You can use a tool like Nirsofts totally free WirelessNet View to look at all the local wireless signals that are within range and may be competing with your own router and interfering with reception. from here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_ne…

3] You can buy a Wi-Fi booster like D-Link 645 Smartbeam, here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/D-Link-DIR-645-W…
Devices such as these can actually boost the wifi signal by using multiple beams that bounce of the walls and are intelligently directed toward whatever device [smarhphone, laptop, tablet] you are using on wifi.

4] If your using the 2.4GHz frequency and not the 5GHz then other devices that use this frequency band can alsso interfere with your reception [eg baby monitors and microwave ovens use 2.4GHz]. Try and make sure that none of these devices are situated between your router and your wifi receiver eg laptop, tablet, smarthphone etc


What kind of bats could live in Scotland?
Q. Hello! I live in the North east of scotland just beside the sea and for the past few nights I have noticed a few bats circling around my garden. I saw them from the first floor. I am sure that they are bats because they flew right beside my window. Can anyone tell me what kind of bat that could be?

A. Barbastelle (ulikely)
A rare and distinctive bat with a pug-like face and large, wide ears
Bechstein's bat (well no more in england than scotland)
One of our rarest bats, found in parts of southern England and
south-east Wales.
UK Bat Species
There are 17 species of bat in the UK.
They range from the tiny pipistrelle, weighing in at around 5g (less than a £1 coin!), to our biggest bat, the greater mouse-eared - which is still smaller than the palm of your hand!

The bat sounds available on this page are from a heterodyne bat detector. More bat sounds are available in our Bat Sound Library, which is available to BCT Members and National Bat Monitoring Programme (NBMP) volunteers.

Barbastelle
Barbastella barbastellus


A rare and distinctive bat with a pug-like face and large, wide ears.

Listen to a barbastelle

Species Fact Sheet (available soon)

Bechstein's bat
Myotis bechsteini


One of our rarest bats, found in parts of southern England and
south-east Wales. Find out about our Bechstein's Bat Project.

Brandt's bat


Brown long-eared bat
Huge ears provide exceptionally sensitive hearing - it can even
hear a ladybird walking on a leaf

Common pipistrelle (most likly aka as pip bat)
Pipistrelles are the commonest British bats.
A single pip can eat 3,000 tiny insects in just one night!

trhats the ones that are most comon other arnt worth talkin about they are so rare
i love bats ever since i caught one that got lost in my school courtyard i picked him up and let him go out side so cute and gentle not like any thing you might hear really soft too it was also a baby


How long were you TTC with PCOS?
Q. So we decided we would start ttc next summer. I'm definitely excited since I have wanted a child for a while now. I have been diagnosed with pcos and I am afraid it will be difficult. We have been using the pull out method successfully for over a year now since a pregnancy would have been welcome (I already have my bachelors, but he is working on his masters so we figured it would be best to wait). I haven't started charting yet, but I know my body and monitor cm. I'm pretty sure I ovulate around every other month. I'm also within the normal weight range for my height. We want to try naturally before using any medication. How long did it take you? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A. For me it has been two years abd counting. I have only recently been diagnosed with PCOS and apparently I very rarely ovulate - perhaps as little as once a year. Being in the right weight range for your height is great with PCOS and if you are aware that you are ovulating that is even better as at least you have some idea of the right time to try. In terms of advice, I would say it depends where you are - UK? America? From my experience in the UK, it has been a bit of a long haul to get taken seriously by my GP. I went the Dr in January of this year and have only just been put on the waiting list forthe fertility clinic and diagnosed with PCOS. I have also been given metformin to take, which although it is normally used to regulate insulin in diabetics, it does stimulate ovulation also. If you are in the UK, I would say that there is no harm in getting info and advice and a few tests done by your GP (although they tend to wait for 1 year of no luck when ttc before testing) just because it is a bit slow here! I know the system works differently elsewhere.
One piece of advice that my Dr gave me though, was to not get stressed. Just from the way I read your tone it doesn't sound as though you are, which is great, but it can be easy to get wound up when you are charting and waiting and hoping. Stress can play a factor so try your hardest to remain relaxed and possible!
Best of luck to you. Baby dust x x x





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why does WIFI lose quality and speed the longer you stay on?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment