Tuesday, October 29, 2013

How and I learn different strategies to deal with a Child who has ODD...?

best high-tech baby monitor
 on linux mint Gloria on monitor by _gem_
best high-tech baby monitor image



ashleyr030


(Oppositional Defiant Disorder) How can I learn different strategies to deal with him in school and help him do better with his work. I am a teacher's aide and I only have to monitor one child because the rest of the class does well and don't have a 504 like he does. He has ODD & ADHD. How can I get him to do his work without having to fight with him or have him be so defiant or so disruptive to his classmates? I am studying to be a teacher and I would like to know I have helped this child is some way or another. I have tried so many things with him, I have not yet found anything that works and I'm starting to get very fustrated with myself for not being able to to control or lessen his behaviors for the Teacher's sake. I want him to do well and I want him to make an effort into trying and know that he his able to do anything anyone else can in his class if he just tries. He makes no effort with himself and I feel bad that I can't get him to do it for himself and for his future.


Answer
Hi! I was a therapist w/troubled adolescents--15 yrs with young women in a locked long-term psych treatment facility and then took a job that ended up with a special Sp Ed. class of 8 guys with severe behavior disorders! I understand what you walked into! I had to learn a totally new way of working with these guys, as talking was like whistling into the wind! I love Piaget and his Cognitive Stages! One step below verbal communication (Concrete Cog stage) is DIAGRAMMING (pre-Concrete Cognitive stage). This is in all high tech now, and is called "IT"--Information Tech! It's getting impossible to read so many volumes of info, that technology is now diagramming the info! Much more accurate than verbal content. SOO, I began diagramming the guys' behavior patterns. They were fascinated and were volunteering to diagram some group disturbance that had just happened!! They got so good at it, that they then started drawing their Family of Origin system, where they had developed their behavioral pattern!! I applied Wm. Glasser's Basic Emotional Needs (Belonging, Power, Freedom and Fun) and the guys really responded!! These are EMOTIONAL NEEDS that need gratification daily! Then, I used Berne's term from Games People Play, to describe the vehicle (pattern) with which they obtain their emotional Needs! I stressed with them that ALL PEOPLE MUST GET THESE NEEDS MET DAILY! And that in some families, the toddler cannot get some Needs met directly. such as illness of the mother; baby-sitters, etc., etc. THEREFORE, the toddler HAS to develop his own COVERT method of getting those needs met!! This gave them validation that their behavior was PURPOSEFUL and that they weren't "crazy" as their bhv had often been called. This is a long story--and I'm starting on my book soon!! But one example was an absolutely HUGE guy, 16 yrs. old, had held off peers with a shot gun, and was very threatening with adults as well as peers. After almost a year, he ended up helping me give a workshop in KCMO at a Midwestern Symposium on B Disorders! He had developed a marvelous sense of humor; was making A's and about to transfer back to the reg HS. I wish we'd taped that!! I do have a tape of a 15 yr-old Dx'd with Asperger's. He not only diagrammed his classroom behavior, but analyzed his Family of Origin and why he'd develped his Pattern for survival!! If this intrigues you, I'd suggest talking it over with the classroom teacher and ask if you could try just a little of this. I'd sure to happy to email with you if you wanted to--and if the student were even remotely interested in trying it. I LOVED teaching--the 5 yrs prior to getting my MA in Guidance and Counseling. I got my CA teaching certificate at grad school at UC Berkeley. They always urged us to look beyond the surface bhv! The term/philosophy of Kaisen is basically, there is always a better way!! I'm retired now--but sure miss mixing-it-up w/the kids!!! AND watching them GROW!!!

What is the hotest items or have a big demand in egypt ? in electronics ?

Q. I am from the US., traveling in 2 weeks & need to bring some hot items that i can sell there --any ideas --plus playstation 3


Answer
Well, before you travel make sure that you know that you will pay customs fees on entrance for every electrical item and your bag will be checked by the customs officers. Electrical items are hot taxing items by law. Will your profit making plan still be worth it?!
If you are able to pay duty and know exactly what you are doing...
*Wiiii and games and accessories at a good price
*i phone - people either love it or hate it
*Unusual things like baby monitors/walkie talkies
*PDAs are not for sale in Egypt but professional people do want them (HP / Palm TX / DEll 51 / etc)
* The Nokia N95 and similar phones are very popular but not sold in the major shops due to s'thing to do with it's gps

People want good high tech items at low prices.

Also remember that most things are available in Egypt now we are moving up in the world...!
;-)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How and I learn different strategies to deal with a Child who has ODD...?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment