Saturday, April 26, 2014

Baby Monitors... but for the Elderly... Post-Op?

Q. Hey everyone! Hope you're having a great day... =)

I am probably going to move in to take care of an 88 year old lady who just had a hip operation. Thing is, she likes her privacy, and I do need to do a lot of work online (though I will be in the same house, still).

So I thought it'd be a good idea to use something like a baby monitor to keep next to her, so she can call me when she needs me, or I can hear her if she stumbles, etc.... is there something that she can wear, maybe attached to her clothing or around her neck, too, where I can keep an ear on her, other than some type of baby monitor? We're looking for something low-cost but reliable, too.

I appreciate anyone's ideas very, very much -- THANK YOU!

Love,
Jaxxy. =)


Answer
they are great and it should work out for both of you!!!

emergency device for elderly?




tere b


i need to find some kind of keychain, necklace, or watch. that my mom could press and i would have a receiver in my room to alert me incase she falls. is there anything like this in the market?
lifealert is good but i kind of wanted something that she would carry and its connected to a receiver that will alert me that she needs me.



Answer
Yes lots of stuff. They have panic button watches and monitors much like one uses in a baby's room. There are necklaces as well. You can buy online or at your Pharmacy. Check out LifeAlert.

Check out The LifeLink panic button system. The panic system user is provided with peace of mind knowing that emergency assistance will be onsite by simply pressing the emergency call button on the small wireless medallion.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Baby Monitors... but for the Elderly... Post-Op?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment