Monday, April 21, 2014

I have been TTC for over a year?

Q. Took out my Mirena in June 2011.
Got pregnant in Jan 2012, lost my baby 7 weeks in.
Haven't been able to get pregnant since.
Any ideas/ tips?
anyone?


Answer
I've heard of people having great luck with the clear blue fertility monitor! good luck!

Me and my partner are trying to have baby but its nt coming along so easy !?

Q. I would like to hear from the woman who have PCOS and have had children im very interested in knowing how it happened. my partner and i are having difficulties and dont know what to do. PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome)


Answer
ok, firstly I am aware I am not a woman :) but my wife has PCOS.

She started taking clomid 50mg (cycle days 3-8) last year, we got pregnant twice and unfortunately lost both (2012 was a rough year).

This year the 50mg wasn't working, upped to 100mg still not working consistently. So they put her on metformin too (500mg twice daily). We went for an ultrasound to look for follicles on cycle day, no mature follicles but some tiny ones. I asked if she could ovulate late and the drs told me it should make her ovulate on day 14. Great, now what do we do? About a week later she gets the egg white mucous (I know tmi) and I said "hey why not, what we got to lose"... we did a pregnancy test negative. So she takes progesterone to restart cycle and gets 'flu' and throwing up a few days later . The regular dr kept asking "are you sure you're not pregnant?" so we did a test POSITIVE ! I guess they were wrong, you can ovulate late.

Today we saw our 19 week baby girl wiggling around on ultrasound.

Sorry for the long story, first they'll try either metformin or clomid, or both but it may take awhile to find the correct dose, find a reproductive endocrinologist not just a OB/GYN and if you do get pregnant do what I did insist on taking progesterone through first trimester, or as worst monitor your levels closely. I beleive that, and we kept taking metformin too, saved our baby this time :) There is a high risk of miscarriage with PCOS, like 40% but progesterone brings it down to the same rate as everyone else, I think 16%.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I have been TTC for over a year?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment