Monday, June 16, 2014

Has anyone used a video baby monitor?




Pregnant w


How do they work?
What are the pros and cons?
I am thinking about buying one that you can have two monitors and see two rooms at once and was wondering how many people prefer it.



Answer
Congrats on baby #2!

I couldn't live with out my video monitor!! I have the Summer Infant Day & Night Handheld Color Video Monitor. The picture is so clear both at night and during the day. I love being able to check on my baby with out waking her. I don't even have to get out of bed unless she really needs me! I think if I only had the audio, I would have been getting up a lot more often to investigate every sound, especially during the first few months. The handheld part has a button on top so you can turn off the video screen if the light bothers you at night. Then if you hear something you feel you need to check on, simply click the button and the video comes back on. I read the reviews for this product. Many people say they could not get a signal. I never had a problem. I also read that they can interfere with wi-fi. My husband is a web developer... he never would have allowed wi-fi interference!

I highly recommend this monitor to all my friends. The only con I can think of is that I have had to change the channel due to static. Seriously, it's a flick of a button and I've had to do it maybe 3 times in 7 months. No biggie! I know you can get an extra camera for this monitor, but I don't need one yet. Here is what one person commented: "We bought a second camera to go with the monitor we already had. I love being able to switch back and forth between my two kids' rooms. Only issue is if the monitor is too close to one camera, you can have interference when trying to check on the other one."

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265802

Hope this helps.

Angelcare Movement Baby Monitor?




The Bucket


I'm looking at baby monitors and have some questions about the Angelcare Movement Monitor...so if you have it I would really appreciate some answers! It says that the monitor can detect when your baby stops moving, but wouldn't it be going off all the time when the baby is sleeping? Or is it so sensitive that it detects breathing? And how is the picture quality/night vision picture quality? And is the zoom feature good or does it just make the picture more grainy? Do you recommend this monitor? THANKS!


Answer
I have the angel care monitor without the camera, the way it works is that it has a pad that needs to be put under the mattress, it cant be used under memory foam mattresses it has a sensitivity dial to work under diff mattress types and to detect tiny babies as well. it basically picks up babys breathing and if they have an irregular breath it alarms at 15 sec to warm you with a beep, then if the baby doesnt move again in 5 more seconds it alarms loud to wake the parent and the baby.

Mine worked a dream i followed the instructions carefully and it was brilliant as it also monitored the babys room temp and warned me if it got too hot or cold. the sound was great. we had 2 false alarms because my baby was 6lb and moved to edge of cot where monitor didnt pick up her delicate movements but at least i knew it worked.

i wouldnt have been able to sleep without it to be honest i give it 5 stars, the monitor version came out this year and has been awarded best buy so im guessing its good as well.i would highly recommend it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Has anyone used a video baby monitor?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment