Sunday, June 15, 2014

new mom worried sick about cot death?







my little boy is 8 days old and i can't stop worrying about cot death. i check him every 10 minutes. i check the temperature every 5 minutes. i keep thinking hes to good for me he's going to be taken away from me coz he's to good for me. its stopping me enjoying motherhood. any tips or advise


Answer
I was worried about cot death when I first had my little boy, he's 5 months now and I don't think about it at all anymore. I got the Tommee Tippee sensor mat baby monitor at the start, it's brill. The mat goes under the mattress of the crib/cot and picks up on the baby's breathing, there's an alarm on the monitor itself and if it doesn't detect any breathing for 20 seconds it sounds, apparently it has helped reduce cot death numbers. I think Angel Care have a sensor mat monitor on the market too with a room thermometer on it.

Question about infant movement/breathing sensors?




LVEnPVM


I just moved my 6-month old into her crib at night (she'd been in bed with us before that) and I'm a nervous wreck all night because I can't monitor her breathing.

I'm wondering about the infant movement sensors now and I want to know if it's worth it to purchase at this stage since my baby moves all over the place in her sleep. I place her at one end and by morning she's clear across the other end, curled up in the corner. Won't this set off the alarm all the time if she's not right on top of the sensor mat?

Please share your experiences and let me know if it works for your 6+ month old baby. Thanks!



Answer
The risk of SIDS at 6 months old has decreased so much. If your baby moves around a lot then no its not worth it. It might go off in the middle of night and freak you out. We have used ours since my son was about 2 months and I am thinking about putting it away since he can now roll in both directions.Yes it will set off the alarm.

Ours beeped last night like it was about to go off. It freaked me out I ran into the room and my son was clear across the crib. I just shut it off.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: new mom worried sick about cot death?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment