Sunday, December 9, 2012

Is it a good idea to post pictures of your children on the internet?

Q. Our parents didn't do it of course, but young parents today, more and more, are posting pictures of their children on the internet, sometimes for the world to see. Do you think this is a good idea? I think it's fine if it's your own private page that only friends and family see, but do some people that let strangers view their web pages as well.

A. I have pics of my daughter on my Myspace. But, I also monitor my Myspace- it is set to private and my friends are only close friends from my old high school/church and family.

I had posted a video of her dancing on youtube so I could embed it in a message to show my family. Well, I had someone write and say cute outfit (it was a swimsuit) and when I looked at that person's friends list- all their friends looked like prostitutes or were little girls in swimsuits...etc... so I hurried as fast as I could to take off the video! I never thought of other people seeing it, it was just so I could show my family in a message. I was so disgusted--- that's my baby girl! I'll never use Youtube again for anything like that and to be honest, I am going to save all my pictures off of my Myspace and delete it, because I don't like the idea of people 'stealing' my pictures.

PARENTS: Think twice before you post pictures & videos! There are sick people everywhere! Protect your children from even entering these sick people's minds!


My wireless router is not working at home. I just bought a digital baby monitor. Could that be the reason?
Q. The wireless router is in the office and is wirelessly connected to our desktop computer, two laptops, and the Tivo series 2. The digital baby monitor is in the nursery, about 25 feet (and two walls) from the router. The router is a Linksys router, and sits on the floor next to my Comcast cable modem. Because the wireless router is not working, we have no internet connection, nor can we watch TV (through our TV) We've called Comcast multiple times but they tell us its our router. We're getting to the end of our rope!

A. Try turning off the baby monitor. Then turn off power to all of the appliances in your network (PC, modem, and router). Then turn on power to all of the network appliances and turn on your computer. If you are able to surf the net without a problem then it is the monitor. If it still doesn't work, then plug the modem directly in to your tower (without the router) to see if you can surf. The baby monitor should have nothing to do with your cable tv though as that the two are not related. You should find the problem by completing the above troubleshooting though.


what are the wireless interference issues that could arise when you attempt to establish a wireless network?
Q. And. What are the several options that could help alleviate the wireless inference issues?

Conduct an internet search using "wireless interference issues" to determine what causes interference and what problems arise as a result of interference.

A. Causes for wireless interference:

2.4GHz phones
baby monitors
microwaves
other wireless adapters running in ad-hoc mode


Ways to alleviate the problem? Remove the causes of interference by turning them off or move them further from the adapters.

If you had a spectrum analyzer, you could try and find each and every cause and try to eliminate it.


How to set your Mac to connect to a router?
Q. I have a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard and each time I open it up, AirPort connects to either my neighbor's router or a local broadband internet tower (I guess?), but it never connects to our own private router first. Is there a way I can have set our router as the default or something so I don't have to wait an extra minute for it to disconnect, rescan, and reconnect? Thanks in advance!

A. � Find out the SSID and password for your router. Consult the product's documentation to follow instructions on how to configure your router. The SSID will be the identifying name of your home WiFi network. Depending upon how your router is set up, you may also need a password to access the network.

� Turn on your Mac laptop. Go to the "Applications" folder, and select "Internet Connect."

� In the toolbar at the top, select the "AirPort" tab. On the next screen, click "Turn AirPort on." Wait for the AirPort card to discover all of the wireless networks in your area.

� Go to the "Network" drop-down menu. Select the SSID name of your network. If you need a password, enter it, then click "Connect." If your network does not show up on the drop-down menu, select "Other." Enter the network name and password, and then click "Connect."

� Check the "Show AirPort status in menu bar" box in the AirPort section of the Internet Connect window. This creates a pie-slice shaped icon in the menu bar. Click the icon to quickly access and connect to your wireless network.

Tips & Warnings
Wireless routers should work up to a range of 150 feet, but may vary based upon model and brand. Check with your product documentation to see where you should place your router for optimum connection. Sometimes other electronics, such as baby monitors or cordless phones, can interfere with the AirPort signal strength on your Mac laptop. Avoid using these types of electronics when you need a strong Internet connection.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it a good idea to post pictures of your children on the internet?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment