Friday, August 2, 2013

How do you use Clearblue Fertility Monitor? Is it worth it?

best baby monitor value
 on Best Value | Mobi Digital DL
best baby monitor value image



lucy lu an


So I've been researching Clearblue Fertility Monitor, and am considering buying it. Has anyone had success with it? How exactly do you use it? Do you have to pee on a stick every day, or only certain days? Was anyone able to conceive with the help of it? I have heard OPK tests can sometimes be unreliable, or difficult to determine if they're positive or not. I have heard that the monitor gives a clear answer to when your fertile days are.
Thanks, and good luck to all TTC!



Answer
Hi! I have used Clear Blue Fertility Monitor and had success within the second month. I actually got my BFP two days ago at 8dpo!! The monitor is very picky and you must follow all the instructions carefully, but it is well worth the money!! I still can't believe I got pregnant using it! I told myself that if I got pregnant, I would answer some yahoo questions about the monitor to help others see the value and give them hope.

Sorry this is long:) but here's how it works:

You must buy a pack of ClearBlue easy Fertility sticks made for the monitor. No other sticks works with the monitor, and unless you buy a package that includes the sticks and the monitor (amazon sells them together) you must buy the sticks separately. They usually come in a three month supply assuming that each month the monitor only asks your for 10 sticks. However, if your cycle is long and you don't ovulate until later, the monitor will ask you for 20 sticks a cycle. When you buy the monitor you will set a little "m" button on the side, which means menses. You must start it within cycle day 5 of your cycle. Meaning if you buy the monitor and you are on cycle day three, you can still set the monitor, but you will have to wait for the next cycle if you are past cycle day 5.

Also, you must set it within a time frame that is reasonable for you to take pee samples everyday. When you set your monitor using the "m" button, you only have a three hour window each way to dip your stick in pee and let your monitor interpret the stick when it starts asking you for samples (usually on cycle day 6). For example, if you set the m button at 6 am in the morning on cycle day 4, cycle day 6 the monitor will flash the stick sign when you turn it on from 3am until 9am. This is the only time the monitor can read the sticks.

You can either pee in a cup or dip the stick a urine stream. I find that dipping it in a cup is much much more accurate, because again, the monitor is very sensitive about how long the stick is dipped in the pee. If you use a cup, you can only dip the test stick in it for 15 seconds.

When you are done dipping the stick, you turn the monitor on and it will flash a pee stick symbol to you. You will then put the stick in the monitor and it will flash for 5 minutes. When you take it out, it will give you a reading via bars on the screen. You will be either low fertility (one bar), high fertility (two bars), or peak fertility (three bars with an egg symbol). The days of high fertility vary between cycles and people.
The monitor does get to know your body for the first three months, so give it time, and don't get discouraged. Not everyone gets pregnant right away with the monitor because ttc is very sensitive even with perfect timing.

The first cycle I used it, I got high fertility from days 15-18. I peaked on day 19 and 20 and it followed with another high day. I did not get pregnant that cycle.

The next month I used the monitor, it showed only ONE day of high fertility and I peaked on day 17 and 18. I did get pregnant that cycle.

Each cycle, my monitor asked for 20 sticks because I have very long cycles. The hardest part some people say is remembering to put the test stick within the time window. For me, it was A LOT of fun. I would wake up every day and remember because I wanted to know what my "fertility status" was.

Most of all, it gives you peace of mind. I must say, I was disappointed I did not get pregnant in the first month, but knew that without the monitor it would have taken much longer. We tried for 5 months prior to using the monitor and I already have a baby so was disappointed when it didn't happen quickly.

The only thing that I can say is not to get your hopes up, and give the monitor a shot. There are hundreds of reviews on amazon and other websites and I would frequently read them to get hope and encouragement.

I hope this helps and I hope you get your baby:)

Oh, I also used preseed which I think was very helpful in me getting pregnant. Its a sperm friendly lubricant! If you try the monitor for 3 months and no luck, try using preseed, it helps with your cervical mucous needed to have a baby.

How can I stop my cordless phone from interfering with my wireless router?




I dont kno


I have 2.4 ghz spread spectrum cordless phone that autoselects the clearest channel everytime you use the phone and there is no way to change the channel manually. I also have a linksys 2.4 ghz wireless router. Using the cordless phone renders my wifi useless 9 times out of 10. I have tried to change the routers wireless channel (possible values are 1-11 I think) but that did not solve the problem. Does anyone know what I can do to prevent this interference?


Answer
Each device uses the same frequency band (as do garage door openers, baby monitors, Web cams, ....).

You can change frequency bands for one or the other. Use a 5Mhz phone, or a 5MHz band WiFi gear (802.11a).

Reduce the relative signal strength seen by the 802.11b/g stuff you've got. Move the phone to the other end of the house. Move the laptop (or whatever) closer, leaving the phone in the same place, ... Add an antenna (probably a corner reflector (chicken wire may be a perfectly sensible material) for the rubber ducky type of antenna design most commonly seen) to both ends of the WiFi link (you may not have to physically crack open the radios at either end, but note that this dodge increases signal strenght in one direction (and does the same to receiver sensitivity). Since both the phone handset(s) and the mobile WiFi device (a laptop, probably) is also mobile, this isn't any kind of universally adequate dodge. Find a way to reduce the phone's signal strength (probably not possible to non-techie types) unless it's possible to say, put soeme absorbing or reflecting material between the phone and the WIFi radios. An experimental bronze foil covered wall, perhaps. Ought to work well if you can keep the two radio types out of each other's effective range. May not be possible in some kinds of interior decorating environments. consult with those in charge before trying anything like this.

Another dodge ito try to arrange that the WiFi antennas are a 90 degree polarizatino difference than the phone antennas (as usually used; if you have sprawling teenagers, this may not be predictable).
Since both devices operate (or probably do) in a spread spectrum mode, each will appear to the other to be a general increase in the noise level against which they must work. Changing channels (if possible) isn't likely to be very effective. Too much noise, no radio receiver will be able to make sense of what it hears.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do you use Clearblue Fertility Monitor? Is it worth it?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment