Friday, September 13, 2013

What are the things i will need for my baby?

best baby monitor for travel
 on Chicco Baby Video Digital Monitor
best baby monitor for travel image



Sub


I know there are some things that i will need for my first baby but i do not know what all I will need. I am in my last trimester and want to get everything i will need. I know the little things like bottles, clothes, and diapers. However i am really wanted to get the big things that i will need for her. I know a crib is much needed. What else should i think about buying for her arrival?


Answer
congratulations!!!! i was a first time mum 21 months ago and it felt like a whirlwind. Heres what i would recommend:

necessities:
-crib, mattress, minimum 2 sets of bedding
-car seat
-receiving/travel blanket
-pushchair
-play mat for tummy time and play time
-soother (just in case)
-bottles, steraliser and bottle brush
-at least 14 vests, 14 sleep suits and a few day outfits after cord drops off
-baby bath and bath stuff
-medical basics - thermometer,bath temp checker, towel, colic drops, grooming set
-bottle warmer for night feeds
-baby monitor
-bibs
-diapers and wipes and rash cream
burp cloths
cream talc - not powder
nipple cream / pads


extras -

rocker
cot mobile
play gym
soft rattles
medical box/bath box
car seat toy bar


other stuff is a preference thing you might see things you want to buy for later like feeding sets, blender etc... but this is entirely up to you

good luck and congrats - dont forget to pack for the hospital :)

What are the essentials to buy for a newborn?




Donna C


My husband and I are going to be first time parents in 6 months - and we've noticed that the baby market is flooded with tons and tons of "must have" items. I'm wondering which of these items really are essential for our new born. We really don't want to buy things we don't need or would really appreciate having for convenience.

Any opinions or resources would be greatly appreciated!



Answer
I know how overwhelming it can be! People and stores act like if you don't get all of the crap... I mean gear then you aren't doing the best for your baby. The only things you need for sure are a car seat, diapers, sleepers and wipes... really thats about it... the rest is just extras. Now there are for sure some extras that make life better and I will tell you a few that I have found that are really used and some that really aren't.

Baby swing-- now this is one of those things that there are swings, bouncers, seats the whole lot and a lot of people seem to think that they need one of each.. I have found that this just isn't true. We had one seat when our first son was born and he hated it and if we wanted to put him in a seat of some sort we just put him in his car seat with some toys hanging from the handle and rocked it... worked great! When we were having our 2nd son we found a full size swing for a steal at the goodwill and bought it... good thing too because he loved it and also had to sleep sitting up and that worked great for it.. in fact he slept in the swing until he was 7 months.
Crib-- well unless you plan to have the baby sleep with you all of the time you will need some sort of crib or bed for the baby so thats pretty much it...
Crib bedding-- really is a waste of money because you don't need it and it can be a hazard to little babies
Change Table, wiper warmers--- big waste of time, money and space!! We had one with our first and I think it was used all of 5 times.
Stroller-- there are a lot of different ones out there but we had three favs... we got a travel system with the car seat and I loved that the car seat just clicked in and unlike the car seat only ones it worked after the baby was out of the car seat, we also loved our combi one because it folded down really well and was light (so small that we were able to run it through the luggage thing at the airport at security) so if you travel a lot this is the best by far, and our current fav is the phil&teds... it is a single and a double all in one so if you plan to have more than one it is cool to be able to add the second seat
high chair-- we waited until we started to feed our son to get one but ended up getting one that straps to one of our chairs because it saved space and was a whole lot less cash!
Jumper/waler/activity center-- we have a jumper one and both of our boys have loved it.. I pretty much pull it out when I put the swing away.. it's great to keep the baby entertained and out of stuff while you are cooking, cleaning and what not if they are crawling or walking.
bassinet-- are nice if you don't want to put the baby in their own room right away but with our first we borrowed one, our second we used the playpen one and with our third we got a moses basket that I put on my bedside table (it's really a big side table) I like them when the baby is waking up for night feedings when nursing because you don't have to get up out of bed but really if the baby is bottle fed you have to get up to get the bottle anyway
bottles-- we have used different ones with each of our children but pretty much found which one's they liked and got 6 or 7 of them... we pretty much use one bottle a day and wash it between feedings and then stick it in the dishwasher at night (I nurse and bottle feed and only nurse at night)
We don't use any of those sanitizer things or warmers.. if I want to sanitize the bottles I just boil them and we use room-temp tap water for bottles.
Nursing pillows and chairs-- I do have a boppy pillow and it is nice when the baby is little but a normal pillow works just as well but it is nice for the baby to lounge on.. I don't have a chair or stool but never really saw a reason for them because I just nurse on the couch or in bed at night.
Carrier--I really love my moby warp because I'm able to use it with my newborn but also with my 3 year old to carry them in.
Baby monitor-- I never had one... We don't have a huge place so if the baby is in their room I can still hear them when they cry... I find that people tend to get up a lot more if they have one because every little sound the baby makes they jump.

Toys and clothes... now a lot of people go over board with these but pretty much I try to have about two weeks worth of outfits and toys get given as gifts a lot and newborns really could care less... they are more like 4 months and older things..
I hope this helps a bit and congrats on the baby!!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are the things i will need for my baby?
Rating: 96% based on 987 ratings. 4,3 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment